Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=nokia%20n900

Newegg claims 11/14.

I wouldn't mind waiting till December as long as the official release firmware is stable. I think the recent Archos Android release was embarrassing for the company and clearly illustrates what happens when you rush to meet a release date.

I am overeager to get my hands on the N900 - but I don't mind waiting a bit more for a quality product.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
can i be your best man?

Of course - but you may not multitouch my bride. =)

According to shopblt's inventory system we'll know for sure tomorrow.

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...!#Availability

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Turin, Italy
Originally Posted by IWantToMarryTheN900 View Post

Newegg claims 11/14.

I wouldn't mind waiting till December as long as the official release firmware is stable. I think the recent Archos Android release was embarrassing for the company and clearly illustrates what happens when you rush to meet a release date.

I am overeager to get my hands on the N900 - but I don't mind waiting a bit more for a quality product.
I agree totally with you, but I still wonder why Nokia should be so cryptic about release date.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
I wouldn't mind getting the device already, even if i had to update the firmware a few times.

Btw, I did preorder on the 13th of September, hoping that it would come out in the first half of October...

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Yet another topic about a possibly hypothetical release date ...

Can't we just confine all these posts to the already much abused topics about the release date/shipping date?

Not that I want to look like I'm grumpy or whatever, but these threads are getting more and more frequent and more and more annoying...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HoX View Post
I agree totally with you, but I still wonder why Nokia should be so cryptic about release date.
Well - not being a Nokia employee - I can only guess that even they don't have the exact date pinned down.

In this day and age of Engadget, Gizmodo, and other blogs -- a mis-step gets blown out of proportion. I think they are playing it safe.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IWantToMarryTheN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
The biggy here is Newegg has the N900 for $560 with free three day delivery. I cancelled my Amazon and ordered from Newegg.

And that Newegg has a date -- afaik, no other online retailer has posted an availability date yet.

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange