Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Cozad, NE
My e-mail has suddenly stopped working. I have two e-mails in my inbox, one I've read, and one I haven't. I cannot read either one, they just won't open.

Cannot retrieve anything, acts as if nothing's there.

Finally, took a picture with the camera and tried to e-mail it. It's still sitting in the outbox, and says "Failed" in the header.

This all started when I tried to read an e-mail, and my N810 restarted! Never had that happen....

What'd I do, and how do I fix it?

Thanks, all!

Mike Marshall
O-

your problem sounds the same as what i've been experiencing recently. i wrote about it in this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=modest

i've used modest and gmail with very few problems for over a year, and suddenly it is spotty.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Pinoy in NJ
Try removing the battery for 5 mins. I had an issue with my email before. It would retrieve emails forever and nothing is happening.

Last edited by ARPRINCE; 2009-07-05 at 04:25.

Perhaps removing the battery helped, not getting the "failed" anymore. Now I just get "user name and password incorrect" lots of the time, but not ALL of the time!

How can it be incorrect, but not always??

I can't figure out what the secret is to making it work. Seems like it might work for the first few minutes, and then start failing after that.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks, all!

Yeah, I got a similar problem. I used the N810's email app and when clicked, it said email loading, then never came up. I then had to go through the painstaking task of logging onto it via the web. Is this the same problem you were having?

No, mine wanted me to fill in my name & password again. I get this once a month or so on my desktop, so I won't guarantee the problem is the N810, even though I get 4-5 times per hour there....

But it's not permanent, so I can't figure out what the problem is....

Mike

Originally Posted by MMarshall View Post
How can it be incorrect, but not always??
That's bug 3728 (modest assumes the account details are incorrect if it can't connect to the server for any reason).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: