so while on my fathers boat my 3 yr old daughter decided to pick my phone up and ring her mother, unfortunatly she dropped it and it fell in the river, i did get wet trying to save it, but unfortunatly i dnt see to well under water

what i would like to know is can o2 ( UK ) replace the n900? i know they stop making them, i think, and my brothers n900 broke 6 weeks ago and he had it repaired which took 37 days as they can not replace it and had to get parts or somthing like that... im insured obv but dnt really want another mobile, this phone still wipes the behind of every phone out there...

if anyone can answer me that would be great, im just curious as to what o2 will do... im going to buy an n900 of fleebay so i can still have one, but any ideas on what o2 would do would be magic...

cheers guys

Take the battery out!

Take it ALL apart. wash it with IPA, if you are lucky you might be able to salvage it!

O2 ain't going to replace it as it's accidental damage.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
can not salvage the phone, un-retreivable, its playing with the fishes

its classed as a loss, so o2 have to replace it...

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by mublin View Post
so while on my fathers boat my 3 yr old daughter decided to pick my phone up and ring her mother, unfortunatly she dropped it and it fell in the river, i did get wet trying to save it, but unfortunatly i dnt see to well under water

what i would like to know is can o2 ( UK ) replace the n900? i know they stop making them, i think, and my brothers n900 broke 6 weeks ago and he had it repaired which took 37 days as they can not replace it and had to get parts or somthing like that... im insured obv but dnt really want another mobile, this phone still wipes the behind of every phone out there...

if anyone can answer me that would be great, im just curious as to what o2 will do... im going to buy an n900 of fleebay so i can still have one, but any ideas on what o2 would do would be magic...

cheers guys
put it on a jar full of rice (disassemble it first), cover the jar. Make shure to change the rice until you ll see a dry rice. Rice has the power to absorbs the humidity. then u'r done and you can assemble again the parts clean it first with a special product

the phone is 30 feet below ground level lol... i swam to the bottom but couldnt see it so failed to get it back, so im minus an n900

Dude, that sucks.

@santigo will you dudes cut it out with the rice already and learn the difference between smartphones and chicken dinner (just kiddin i encourage everybody to help out forum users whenever possible ) and you would need a lot of rice to dry up the lake

The Following User Says Thank You to LTman For This Useful Post:
Scuba diving
You should have learned scuba man.

Originally Posted by LTman View Post
@santigo will you dudes cut it out with the rice already and learn the difference between smartphones and chicken dinner (just kiddin i encourage everybody to help out forum users whenever possible ) and you would need a lot of rice to dry up the lake
+1000 with that... Also I would rather prefer foam over rice if I would want to dry a lake

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
on a similar "oh schit" moment, I discovered just today that the N900 bounces quite high after being dropped onto concrete from waist high - and btw, why the fvck does this always happen when you've decided to go "naked" for a while and left your OtterBox home? maybe a placebo effect but I swear microb is rendering pages now slower. son of a b!tch!

sorry to hear about the swimming trip, though a more conventional boat trip equation goes something like (mobile device) + (shirt breast pocket) + (lean over to undo lines) = oh motherf.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post: