Posts: 26 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ São Paulo - Brazil
i had already installed QT in my Windows.. started a QT gui project and i did a simple HelloWorld.. but i don't know how to compile it for maemo and i installed a MADDE too.. and i don't know how to make a buildpackage..

i used it:

gorio $ mad qmake
gorio $ mad make

gorio $ mad dpkg-buildpackage
which: pgp: unknown command
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
tail: cannot open `debian/changelog' for reading: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit status 1

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
Hi,

Is it the entry point, that the information cannot be found?.

Daniel
Absolutely the entry point IMO. I've been a software developer for many years but just cannot find my way into Qt.

I want to do visual programming, with Python as the coding tool. But so far the How-To instructions I've found assume far too much about what I should know. My background is Windows using Visual Basic, so unfortunately I lack the Linux/Python experience currently to grasp the parts that aren't explained.

(as far as Python itself, it's been very easy to learn)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by goriofab View Post
i had already installed QT in my Windows.. started a QT gui project and i did a simple HelloWorld.. but i don't know how to compile it for maemo and i installed a MADDE too.. and i don't know how to make a buildpackage..

i used it:

gorio $ mad qmake
gorio $ mad make

gorio $ mad dpkg-buildpackage
which: pgp: unknown command
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
tail: cannot open `debian/changelog' for reading: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit status 1

hi,

there are some guides to help on the madde ... this one i wrote when trying to package my first app: http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/Packaging

this guide steps you through creating compiling your first helloworld app: http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/Qt_Example

if you need i can look at the code if you zip it and upload it to a post

shep

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ São Paulo - Brazil
Hi shep,

Can you see this plz ? I did it on QT Creator..

Waiting for your reply..
Attached Files
File Type: zip HelloWorld.zip (317.5 KB, 87 views)

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by goriofab View Post
Hi shep,

Can you see this plz ? I did it on QT Creator..

Waiting for your reply..
Hi goriofab,

I'm no expert on this stuff, but I've been through these issues recently. Forgive me if the reasons I give are wrong for issues, but I think the steps to fix the issues should be right.

Anyhow, I think there may be a few issues here.

1. To make a Madde compatible Qt file you should create the project/folder structure from Madde with the command
Code:
mad pscreate -t qt_simple projectname
2. After you have finished development with Qt Creator you need to remove the Makefiles it creates as these don't seem to compile with Madde.

By removing the Makefiles from Qt Creator I was able to get the mad make to work, but the "mad dpkg-buildpackage" is still not working. I suspect that if you start with the mad pscreate command and add your files to that project you'll have more success.

I don't have time to try that now myself.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Shep

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?titl...Qt_development

creating contents as we speak
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Absolutely the entry point IMO. I've been a software developer for many years but just cannot find my way into Qt.

I want to do visual programming, with Python as the coding tool. But so far the How-To instructions I've found assume far too much about what I should know. My background is Windows using Visual Basic, so unfortunately I lack the Linux/Python experience currently to grasp the parts that aren't explained.

(as far as Python itself, it's been very easy to learn)
Just to gather a bit more input, what exactly are you missing ? Is the 'where do I look for...' or a 'how do I...' or something completely unrelated ? The PyQt examples are headed to Extras and they should give a good overview of basic Python/Qt practices. I'm under the impression people fall short in the *procedure* part, i.e. how to link all the available info into an application, not the lack or quality of specific documentation...

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Just to gather a bit more input, what exactly are you missing ? Is the 'where do I look for...' or a 'how do I...' or something completely unrelated ? The PyQt examples are headed to Extras and they should give a good overview of basic Python/Qt practices. I'm under the impression people fall short in the *procedure* part, i.e. how to link all the available info into an application, not the lack or quality of specific documentation...
I strongly agree. only thing could be done better with python would be: more examples. there are plenty already and those are good.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
It's been a few months since I gave this a shot-- but what I remember missing were the level 2 and 3 sort of details. The procedure I found at the time for Python + Qt + Windows development (sorry, don't have a link offhand) was a step-by-step at a VERY high level. Each step assumed the reader had the background to fill in the sub-steps... but I don't.

I can't produce a specific example, but one step was like "You need to set X up to work with Y" with absolutely no details on how to do that (I raised the issue in another thread here... if I find it I'll post later).

This is not an ususual problem though. Microsoft procedures in their knowledge base articles are notorious for this. But let's not follow their bad example. It may sound like a stupid request, but I'd like to see everything broken down into baby steps. The writer should step back and pretend they're a noob, too.

(edited to specifiy Windows)

Here was the original thread; thanks to fpp for digging it back up: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31423&page=2

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-02-06 at 21:54.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
It's been a few months since I gave this a shot-- but what I remember missing were the level 2 and 3 sort of details. The procedure I found at the time for Python + Qt development (sorry, don't have a link offhand) was a step-by-step at a VERY high level. Each step assumed the reader had the background to fill in the sub-steps... but I don't.

I can't produce a specific example, but one step was like "You need to set X up to work with Y" with absolutely no details on how to do that (I raised the issue in another thread here... if I find it I'll post later).

This is not an ususual problem though. Microsoft procedures in their knowledge base articles are notorious for this. But let's not follow their bad example. It may sound like a stupid request, but I'd like to see everything broken down into baby steps. The writer should step back and pretend they're a noob, too.
Well I set up this thread exactly for this , and it worked for me :-)

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...esigner+python

MIke C

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post: