Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Several weeks ago I had to reset tracker, thus losing contacts, messages etc. Of course I always backup my contacts, so it was a simple import of vcf file to get them back.
Since then I lost my Skype contacts and the inbuilt app can not import them. Every time I go online on Skype I get several notifications "Can't import contacts". I can manually enter Skype names to my existing contacts and I can chat/call them. But their avatars, bio etc. is not imported and their Skype status stays "Checking" in their relevant Contacts entries.
Anyone experienced that? Ideas for solution?
I don't want to reflash due to such minor issue, so that is not an option right now

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-02-01 at 16:54. Reason: solved

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Have you tried removing the Skype account, rebooting then adding the account back?

Second method if the above doesn't work would be to delete all accounts by deleting the 3 folders: ~/.accounts, ~/.aegis, ~/.activesync

It could be you did a tracker reset (unnecessary to reset it ) and something with the accounts messed up...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Nope, but I'll do it soon.
I don't like resetting tracker, but I wanted to get some pics shown in gallery app ASAP, as Panorama had messed the user-dirs.dir file. Anyway I tried "soft" reset (tracker-control -e), but obviously the result was as with "-r" option.
Speaking of which - what is the best way to solve notorious "Gallery issue"? After one corrects user-dirs file, to get pictures shown is to move them off/on or reboot device. Usually they are wrongly indexed not as media files, but as something else. I don't like reboots as well.
What you think is the best way to get things back on track?

After fixing user-dirs.dirs its best to move them off and back on to your device... If you don't like rebooting just restart meegotouchhome and maybe tracker-store

OK, but if one does not have PC nearby, moving is not an option in that case
In my case I tried restarting tracker-store, but it didn't worked.
Just to report about Skype - removing and adding account solved the issue. No need for reboot.
Thank for the time and advice!

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
OK, but if one does not have PC nearby, moving is not an option in that case
In my case I tried restarting tracker-store, but it didn't worked.
Just to report about Skype - removing and adding account solved the issue. No need for reboot.
Thank for the time and advice!
Well if moving is not an option what you can try is add a "." (dot) to your Pictures folder and then remove the dot after restarting tracker-store; should work too...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
That is clever idea! I will try it next time i catch "Gallery issue"

I had the same problem but even after deleting my account it would not work. Ended up just reflashing -,-