Active Topics

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Latvia, Ireland
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Yes and you need to flash the global first and then (without a re-boot) flash the emmc. This will get the N900 back to a factory state so make sure you have a back up on a memory card prefferably.

Read the excellent wiki for more info and a step by step guide (flashing will not work on 64bit versions of Windows).
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware
how it is possible without re-boot ?
When u want to reflash u have to switch ur phone off and then hold U key + Plug USB !!
After reflashing it reboots automaticly !!
Maybe u can tell me how to do that without re-boot
Thank u so much

Last edited by n0ak; 2010-07-24 at 08:50.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ T.M.O
When you are trying to flash the Firmware without rebooting, do this

8. Run the following command:

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
Remove the "-R" from the above command, so that the phone doesn't reboot before you have installed the eMMC file. The command for the second part, flashing the eMMC remains the same.

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to un-named_user For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
As above. It does say in the flashing guide but it is not that clear.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
As above. It does say in the flashing guide but it is not that clear.
Omg maan ! U made my day !
I don't know how to thank u that u now how realy I appreciate ur helpnes ! million thanks !

Originally Posted by un-named_user View Post
When you are trying to flash the Firmware without rebooting, do this

Remove the "-R" from the above command, so that the phone doesn't reboot before you have installed the eMMC file. The command for the second part, flashing the eMMC remains the same.
U made my day too man thank u so much ! (hug)

I have been having the same problem and i am going to take my third try on flashing my phone just today and i know that this time is going to work because i know now what the problem was, Guys i just want to tell you that i am really grateful for your help.

maby i should let you know if it worked, it is turning on and i am really excited, it is happening, wait for it........ YESSSSSSSS it worked, i love you guys and my nokia. ufff what a relief brothers. i love you

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Wellingborough, UK
I have no internet so I rely on my N900 for that, I have this problem.

With my old N900 i re-flashed after I felt it was getting slow etc no problem, used the exact same files on the exact PC and now I get this sim-card problem, I am currently downloading all the up to date stuff and will reflash and hopefully re-post on here after I'm done using my N900 .

Reason I am flashing is that my new N900 is glitchy and I don't like it, one example, the boot video of NOKIA with the hands was all glitchy etc. Once I flashed it it was fine (even though it doesn't recgonise the sim lol)

So hopefully I'll sort it.

Ryanooo

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Wellingborough, UK
Okay it didn't work, but I flashed the 'third maemo release' file, just downloading the new one and going to try again. Using Bockersjv's method of removing the reboot command. Will update soon as I'm done.

edit: After a quick read, I have been doing it wrong, I flashed the eMMC first then the global. Woops lol. Will do it properly this time.

Right, I flash the OS, without the -R, then it stays in flash mode as soon as i press enter for flashing the eMMC it goes out of flashing mode, goes asif it is booting (the little dotty light things) with no backlight, then just crashes. Any ideas?

Wow this is annoying, it won't stay in update mode for the eMMC, IDEAS !?!?

Last edited by RDK; 2010-09-25 at 10:12.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
have you traid simply waiting for a while. the dots mean your device has booted into a state where emmc can be reflashed.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search