Notices

Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
It didn't lag at all when it ran from the icon but it is doing having to run it from xterm. I wonder if it's because xterm is still open?
i don't think running the game from xterm makes it lag more cause xterm is not consuming any cpu, what did you do to get it run from the icon ?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
i don't think running the game from xterm makes it lag more cause xterm is not consuming any cpu, what did you do to get it run from the icon ?
He did this:

Originally Posted by king Ralphred
Right. This is how I got it working. I uninstalled pingus and deleted the savegames.scm file using filebox. reinstalled pingus. Still didn't work. So I uninstalled pingus again and deleted the whole .pingus folder and reinstalled pingus again and noiticed that the savegames.scm was missing. tried via the icon with no luck but it started in xterm using /usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480. It must of created the savegames.scm on start up.
Like I said, It worked fine when I first installed it up until I closed the phone down with pingus running.
This save file problem is pretty weird, the king Ralphred's case just strengthens my belief that the game more or less randomly creates bad save files. I don't think I'm skilled enough to do anything about this but I will try...

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
When I first installed it it ran from the icon until I shut the phone down with pingus still running. Since then, whith much farting around, I can only run it from xterm

A work-around to make it start from desktop icon could be to edit:
/usr/share/applications/hildon/pingus.desktop

Change this line:
Code:
Exec=/usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480
to

Code:
Exec=/usr/bin/osso-xterm -e '/usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480'
Works for me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n900-dk For This Useful Post:
Can you post an idiots guide how to do this? Tried to find it in filebox but not really sure what I'm doing.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by n900-dk

Change this line:
Code:

Exec=/usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480

to

Code:

Exec=/usr/bin/osso-xterm -e '/usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480'

Works for me
Huge thanks to you, finally a possible solution for ther problem! I will upload a new version with that change soon (probably tomorrow). Let's hope it helps. And to king Ralphred just wait for the new release.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
I would update to 0.7.3 release. Mainly because vanilla (no patches) 0.7.2 has a huge memory leak when playing multiple levels. It was at least fixed in svn version which I used for OS2008 package, but I have to admit that I haven't tested 0.7.3 or this maemo5 package.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Damn awesome work! Damn awesome game!!!

THANKS!

[QUOTE=mikkov;924952]I would update to 0.7.3 release. Mainly because vanilla (no patches) 0.7.2 has a huge memory leak when playing multiple levels. It was at least fixed in svn version which I used for OS2008 package, but I have to admit that I haven't tested 0.7.3 or this maemo5 package.[/QUOT

bye bye battery

Originally Posted by n900-dk View Post

Change this line:
Code:
to

Code:
Works for me
you the man

Tags
road-house