Active Topics

Notices

I've tried all the frontend players and none of them have been able to play any of the videos from the url. Ive played around with all the settings and still no good. Ive tried it from the command line and it stops after it uploads a small portion of it because the cache is too small. Ive been wanting to do this for a while now but still no luck.

mplayer -cache 8192 http://something

Thanks for the response. It should have worked except its telling me mplayer crashed and to do some things to debug it. Can I just reinstall it instead?

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
What stream are you trying to watch?

PM me if it's personal.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by volcal View Post
I've tried all the frontend players and none of them have been able to play any of the videos from the url. Ive played around with all the settings and still no good. Ive tried it from the command line and it stops after it uploads a small portion of it because the cache is too small. Ive been wanting to do this for a while now but still no luck.
I downloaded KMPlayer and used mplayer as frontend and wouldn't play streams so i tried with gstreamer as frontend and it worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your help guys. I'm going to try gstreamer. Is this in any repo where I can download it or do I have to use the xterminal to install. Much appreciated if somebody can tell me how to download the front end.