Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
For me applications launch a bit faster than on J1, most dramatic speed up is for launching camera. Of course it's hard to say if it's because of the OS version, as my J1 is on older version. Overall I'm very pleased with Jolla C and it is definite improvement compared to J1 for my use cases. I can't comment on battery as I have not had enough experience. My gut feeling is that it's at least as good as on J1.

For improving performance, you might want to try setting governor to performance as per this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=742

With that, I notice performance improvement in many parts of the UI and haven't noticed battery drainage due to it.
Updated from 2.0.2.43 to 2.0.2.45 and later to 2.0.3.11 -- I actually didn't notice much difference during normal operation.

My plan is to downgrade during weekend and hopefully will have more time to play & test, including performance tests

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
It should be visible as Ganaa in Aptoide or any other Android Store
If that is somehow not the case, ask Narender Singh on "Jolla Pioneer Fans". He succesfully did it.
Wow! That was easy and smooth! Uninstalled from Aptoid Many thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Haven't used my Jolla C that much as I'm still in the process of copying & migrating stuff, but my experience so far is positive.

The device feels much more responsive and it seems like you can yet again properly multitask without oomkiller ruining the show all the time.

Also the screen IMHO work much better than the Jolla 1 one - much better visibility in averse light conditions.

The main donwsides are IMHO probably the missing TOH interface and missing magnetic compass & gyro sensors - which effectively preclude using most AR apps. But oh well.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Can someone confirm this, Jolla C/AquaFush is missing nfs support.

#modinfo nfs returns Error for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by lal View Post
Can someone confirm this, Jolla C/AquaFush is missing nfs support.
Yes.

Code:
# CONFIG_NFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_NFSD is not set

And missing kernel source package to boot. Did anyone ask for the sources DVD already?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Also the screen IMHO work much better than the Jolla 1 one - much better visibility in averse light conditions.
It does seem brighter for sure, and the resolution is nice, but if you put the two side by side I would say the JPhones colours seem richer.

The Following User Says Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by synt View Post
Yes, just change the value to performance and it will take effect immediately. You can just input

Code:
echo 'performance' > /sys/devices/soc.0/1c00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/devfreq/governor
with root access (devel-su) in the terminal and thats it. Though the setting doesnt persist between boots so after every boot you need to change it again.

I found it just by doing a search of the word 'governor', found the path that has 'kgsl' on it (like on Jolla1) and tried it. Not a god either
Does anyone know what is the best way to make this change permanent? I tried putting a script with the command above in /etc/profile.d directory but it seems to have an effect only if I open a terminal and become root.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Anyone who can find a retailer for this booklet case?
I think it will suite the Jolla C almost perfect. I have one almost exact match, but the corner radius is slightly too large for the phone. The ideus one has better measures and tighter corner radius.
I've tried to find a seller for an our, but didn't succeed.
http://www.ideus.com/en/universal-bo...e-5-black.html

This is the one I'm using right now. You can see the too large radius.

Last edited by eson; 2016-07-25 at 08:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by eson View Post
This is the one I'm using right now. You can see the too large radius.

[]
How do you attach it?
On one picture then phone is rotated to show the camera.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eminem For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Eminem View Post
How do you attach it?
With an adhesive pad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os