Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
They are themed blue by turing. I have been playing with the phome since working out how to fix bluetooth under 2.1.0.9 and I am now getting better battery life than the Jolla C. Have been using the phone heavily forbthe past three hours and battery is still on 81%.

Hmmm might have to keep it.
You might be advised to keep this (HODL)
in anticipation of the day when it has museum value,
because this is certainly a very shiny spot to be in.

The value of the unit is most certainly worth more than some imagine
but only to someone who is looking for a fully functional collectible.

Good luck

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I am definately keeping it, after updating to 2.1.0.9 it works really really well with great battery life.

The only issue I have is that some of the bluetooth protocols don't seem to work, can't use rockpool, phonebook in the car doesn't work. It pairs with devices, audio works but it seems nothing else. Anyone know any command line functions to figure out what bluetooth components are installed/missing?

also, if anyone is interested in a mini review, let me know. I know that others can't get the phone, but thought some might want an idea of what it's actually like, coming from someone who is quite familiar with sailfish. (I've owned a Jolla 1, Jolla C and tablet previously)

Last edited by wormdrummer; 2017-03-15 at 06:07.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Im interrested in some sort of review. Anyway, is the fingerprint sensor working properly ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Yeah, I am definately keeping it, after updating to 2.1.0.9 it works really really well with great battery life.

The only issue I have is that some of the bluetooth protocols don't seem to work, can't use rockpool, phonebook in the car doesn't work. It pairs with devices, audio works but it seems nothing else. Anyone know any command line functions to figure out what bluetooth components are installed/missing?
right, i have the same problem before and i dont find a solution

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Merienth View Post
Im interrested in some sort of review. Anyway, is the fingerprint sensor working properly ?
Yep, fingerprint reader works really well. Infact everything works very well except bluetooth where only the audio profile works.

The display is very crisp and very bright. The phone is nice and solid, would do damage if you threw it at someone. Surprisingly the camera is also very good, although I am used to the Jolla C camera, so probably not up to flagship standards, but I think its great. I will post some sample shots soon.

Call reception is really good, I get strong 4G reception on optus in Australia with great download speeds. Better call quality than any other device I have used. (and Ive used all flagships etc)

Wifi - no problem, again very strong signal and I have had no dropouts

GPS - Slow to lock on initially, but then works great, no issues.

The.charging cables are quite good, but the magnetic latch isnt quite strong enough and can slightly disconnect when in the car going over speedhumps etc. (although I do drive a lotus so its a rough ride)

Battery life is now excellent. Today I took I took it off charge at 7am, with 4G, wifi, bluetooth and automatic brightness at 50%, lots of web surfing (approx 2 hours), about 8 calls, emails set to check every 15mins, sailorgram and even tethering active to stream spotify to my car dash for over an hour, its now 9pm and I still have 42% battery. Although, I do have alien dalvik stopped and only turn on when needed. I could easily get two days or more with medium to little use.

I have also found a way using the cpu utils tool from the repos to put the cpu in to low power mode and turn off 2 of the cpu cores to really extend the battery if needed.

In terms of software, the phone comes with 3 exclusive turing ambiences, all quite nice. Most sailfish apps have worked with no issues, although I find the situations app seems to cause the cpu to spike and kill the battery. Quite a few patches installed, most work except for the peek screen.

App performance is excellent. It is much faster than the Jolla C. Websites fly in the browser, I opened every single app I had installed at once and all ran and could switch between them quickly. Android apps work very smoothly and games have no stuttering unlike the Jolla C.

The flashlight on the camera is bright, works well as a torch etc. All of the screen sensors work well, auto brightness etc.

The loud speaker is loud, but a bit tinny, its as expected as Turing did say the eval units didnt have final speaker hardware. Still getting used to having no headphone socket, but I have a pair of earin bluetooth headphones and they work great, strong signal, never drop out.

Also loving the LED for notifications, almost the same as the N900, yellow for email, blue for sms, instant message etc. Love it!

They are my initial thoughts....

Last edited by wormdrummer; 2017-03-16 at 05:41.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
right, i have the same problem before and i dont find a solution
I wonder if we can somehow install the missing bluetooth profiles?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
The phone is nice and solid, would do damage if you threw it at someone.
Lol, is that something you look for in a phone?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Lol, is that something you look for in a phone?
Well you've seen the replies when he tried to exchange it peacefully

Back to lurking...

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
According to this TJC question the turing phone is missing most of the core bluetooth functionality out of the box.
If you are on 2.1.0.9 then you could try if it is possible to use Bluez 5 on the turing phone and if this solves the issues.

Last edited by willi6868; 2017-03-15 at 15:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
If you are on 2.1.0.9 then you could try if it is possible to use Bluez 5 on the turing phone and if this solves the issues.
NO! if you install bluez 5 on Turing phone, the phone will not boot any more... i try it already.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:

Tags
selling, turing