I bought a backup N900 in Amazon a while back, but my original one is pretty much new (thanks to its Otterbox case, and to filing off the hooks of the USB charger).

So I'm thinking of selling the backup N900. Is there any interest in the N900 anymore? I get that it's old, but it's a cult item and can still do things no other device can.

Like I said, it's New, with the Nokia seal still intact. Even the box is in pristine condition. This N900 is unlocked.

I'd rather sell locally (Around San Jose, Bay Area), but I'm open to eBay. Ideally, whoever buys it can meet in Barns & Noble or a Starbucks, and can open the phone and test it in front of me, for mutual peace of mind. I'll have a charged battery for testing to avoid waiting for the original battery to charge.

Last edited by malfunctioning; 2013-01-16 at 20:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
A pity, so far away. I might ponder having a flight over there, if the weather is fine :-)

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
A pity, so far away. I might ponder having a flight over there, if the weather is fine :-)
I understand, sorry about that.

As I said, I'm open to eBay, but there would be some restrictions.

The buyer would have the choice to:
- Have me ship the box sealed.
- Open the box to test the phone.

Both procedures would be documented via video, with serial number clearly visible and newspaper of the day (as if it were a kidnapping LOL).

But the user would have to buy AS IS (in other words, if the phone gets borked, stolen, or otherwise messed with in customs or elsewhere, or even if the phone is defective from the factory), it would be the buyer's loss.

You can see why I'd rather sell locally. It's too much to ask from a buyer to take those risks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
On a side note: It's nice to see an honest seller! If I didn't have an N900 already I would've bought it from u in an instant.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
On a side note: It's nice to see an honest seller! If I didn't have an N900 already I would've bought it from u in an instant.
Thank you, bandora. I guess most people are honest. I have a tendency to make sure to avoid potential issues, both for the seller and the buyer, though. That's why I'd rather sell locally and have the seller open the factory sealed box and test the phone himself.

Selling something to somebody far away always has risks involved, not to mention eBay and PayPal fees!

The Following User Says Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
I'll buy it from you unseen and untested and "take the risk" if you will ship it to Florida. Payment via PayPal. How much did you have in mind for it? Should I drop you a PM?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
I'll buy it from you unseen and untested and "take the risk" if you will ship it to Florida. Payment via PayPal. How much did you have in mind for it? Should I drop you a PM?
Thank you, bocephus. I bought it for $359.00, and naturally I'd rather not lose money, especially since "new" Chinese units which are actually reburbished still sell for around that price in eBay.

Why don't I let you and anybody else interested PM me in a sort of informal auction?

Here are the choices for buyers:
1. Buy locally, pay with cash. This is preferred for many reasons, as there is no shipping or fees involved for either party.
2. Buy via PayPal. Buyer will pay actual shipping + Insurance, and I will assume the PayPal fees.
3. Buy via eBay + PayPal. Buyer will pay eBay fees plus actual shipping and insurance, and I will assume the PayPal fees.

You can make an offer below what I paid, but it's highly unlikely I'll part with the phone in that case, as I'm conflicted enough the way things are without incurring in any losses.

Hopefully everybody is amenable to these terms and don't seem overly restrictive. I'm not trying to make a killing on this, but at least recouping my investment would be nice!

One more thing, bocephus, aren't you in Sweden?

Last edited by malfunctioning; 2013-01-16 at 21:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
I sent you a PM! I'm online for a lil while longer, so just say the word and I'll log into PayPal right away.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
I sent you a PM! I'm online for a lil while longer, so just say the word and I'll log into PayPal right away.
Thank you very much, bocephus. I replied to your message. I wouldn't expect anybody to pay right away though. First I will make an HD video of the unsealed box / phone (at the buyer's request).

If the buyer wants me to send the box sealed, then I'll make the video before payment. If the user wants me to test the phone, then I'll require payment first, and only if the phone is found to have any issue whatsoever I'll refund the payment right away. This all sounds logical, let me know if you don't agree.

Last edited by malfunctioning; 2013-01-16 at 21:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
It looks like you can get a New N900 from Amazon Marketplace for $367.00, with a 1 Year Nokia warranty. I'm keeping mine for now, because I'm not going to sell it for less than that and the warranty is expired.

Only 5 left in stock. Check with the seller to make sure this is not one of those fake "new" refurbished units, although with the warranty I doubt it.

http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-N900-Unl...&keywords=N900