Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Good day everyone.

This is my first thread here, have tried to search for something relating to it, but came out empty.

My 3 years old Jolla Phone recently developed the touch screen digitizer issue after numerous falls. I have been almost everywhere on the net in search of a replacement as I now see the value of this beauty more than ever.

https://www.maxbhi.com/touch-screen-...one-green.html

This is the only result I got, unfortunately they don't ship internationally and I know no one in India for the deal. I am open to suggestions as I came up with the idea of getting another device from members of the community here, even if in bad shape just so I can salvage the screen touch digitizer. I refuse to give up on my 400 Euros investment, plus I can't use any other OS.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I am in Nigeria, and do get goods delivered to me, aliexpress and amazon just to mention those two.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dameceno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Well to be honest, it depends on how much you are willing to invest.
Can't you buy a used Xperia X or XA2 in Nigeria? Probably that would be a better option:

My testdevice is a Jolla1 in nearly perfect conditions. If I would sell it to you for let me say 70 €. There are still transport costs. I've had a quick glance on the DHL website. Transport costs would be nearly 20 € but just insured up to 50 € and not knowing if it's a problem to send it with battery included.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I second Fellfrosch. Used Jollas for sale pop up here all the time, sometimes with little use. That might be your best option.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Well to be honest, it depends on how much you are willing to invest.
Can't you buy a used Xperia X or XA2 in Nigeria? Probably that would be a better option:

My testdevice is a Jolla1 in nearly perfect conditions. If I would sell it to you for let me say 70 €. There are still transport costs. I've had a quick glance on the DHL website. Transport costs would be nearly 20 € but just insured up to 50 € and not knowing if it's a problem to send it with battery included.
I always appreciate assistance whenever provided, thanks man for responding. I was in the process of switching to Xperia X with Sailfish X since inception but the issues reported made me value my Jolla phone even more for working so perfectly. Would have gone for it and look for a way to adapt Sailfish X if not for this thread

https://together.jolla.com/question/...comment-190658

I have failed to come in contact with another african let alone a Nigerian like myself on the community. So I can see why Jolla will give little regard to this issue. I don't know if XA2 would be any different, but you can understand my reluctance to try. With my Jolla phone I am guaranteed continuity, thus my zeal to get it fixed.
You are the best source of hope I have had so far, and I am keen on your suggestion. Which country are you a resident of?

The Following User Says Thank You to dameceno For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I second Fellfrosch. Used Jollas for sale pop up here all the time, sometimes with little use. That might be your best option.
Thanks pichlo, I have checked both here and TJC for availability before posting this thread, the ones available are old posts with no responses on time, and I think the owners lost interest in sales.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dameceno For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dameceno View Post
Thanks pichlo, I have checked both here and TJC for availability before posting this thread, the ones available are old posts with no responses on time, and I think the owners lost interest in sales.
Well my post was not only an advice but also an half-hearted offer. So if you really really want a Jolla1. I would offer you my testdevice. But the described problems with transport to Nigeria will remain and we have to figure out how to solve these problems.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Well my post was not only an advice but also an half-hearted offer. So if you really really want a Jolla1. I would offer you my testdevice. But the described problems with transport to Nigeria will remain and we have to figure out how to solve these problems.
I do know which was your post @Fellfrosch this quoted text in your reply was addressed to @pichlo. My fist reply was addressed to you.
I am very interested in your test device. Hence my question of knowing which country you reside in. My Airpods I purchased on Amazon a year ago or so where delivered to me through http://tranex-ng.com/
I am open to suggestions on your part.
I am in no way opposed to DHL, just listing the service that I used in the past for deliveries

Last edited by dameceno; 2018-11-26 at 16:20.

I know that it was adressed to pichlo, but it was fitting anyway

I'm living in Germany. And for me the easiest way to send parcels is DHL, because they have an office just over the street. And beside of that I think it is the best logistic service here in Germany.
By the way, I doubt that tranex has any office at my place. But even if i choose to send via DHL there is a good chance that a partner company of DHL (like tranex) will deliver it to you.

I have looked a little bit deeper in the Lithium Battery problem. Seems like it isn't a real problem. But I have to read some more documents.

Still the package would be just insured up to 50 € and i would ask for 70 €...

Would you like to have some pics, before we solve the logistic problems.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
I know that it was adressed to pichlo, but it was fitting anyway

I'm living in Germany. And for me the easiest way to send parcels is DHL, because they have an office just over the street. And beside of that I think it is the best logistic service here in Germany.
By the way, I doubt that tranex has any office at my place. But even if i choose to send via DHL there is a good chance that a partner company of DHL (like tranex) will deliver it to you.

I have looked a little bit deeper in the Lithium Battery problem. Seems like it isn't a real problem. But I have to read some more documents.

Still the package would be just insured up to 50 € and i would ask for 70 €...

Would you like to have some pics, before we solve the logistic problems.
Absolutely, some pictures would be just nice. I happen to have some contacts of mine in Germany, as a matter of fact, this Jolla device of mine was bought in Germany by one of such contacts who brought it home when he visited the country that year. I would love to see what I am to expect, those pictures I mean. Might have to run WhatsApp on this Redmi Note 4 currently hosting my sim card just to check on those said contacts.

So, if you have friends in Germany I can of course send the phone to them if you want.

Pics are one my Nextcloud, I send you a link via pm.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post: