Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Bug found !
Sometimes when i click to play a video using the stock player , the loading bar remains on the screen and i have to reboot or to kill cutetube via x-terminal ( screenshot attached )
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance

./sifo
Attached Images

https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by sifo View Post
Bug found !
Sometimes when i click to play a video using the stock player , the loading bar remains on the screen and i have to reboot or to kill cutetube via x-terminal ( screenshot attached )
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance

./sifo
Is that after the stock player has been launched? Once the video has loaded, the progress bar should be full, and the progress dialog should close. I don't think I changed anything there for this update, though I haven't tested using the stock player for a while. I'll have a look tomorrow.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2012 @ ja_JP.UTF-8

these errors doesnt appear when I run cutetube quickly after powering on n900 and booting.
after that i've uninstalled ibus-*,reboot,run cutetube again but it seems no matter to solve this issue.

any helps?

thanks.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
marxian,

For the Harmattan version I've one request, when using cuteTube player can the orientation be portrait too? Like the old v1.2.X versions which had playback depending on the orientation of device...

Putting all device videos in cuteTube's path (or setting cuteTube's path as default videos path) allows playback of videos that were not downloaded using cuteTube using the archive option... Hence, since OVP doesn't work, cuteTube is able to play in background stock videos too

Also there is a bug since the previous version unfixed whereby if cuteTube is closed while a video is being played, when you re-open it, its stuck in Landscape orientation even if by default Portrait is the chosen orientation...

Thanks!

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-22 at 03:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Is that after the stock player has been launched? Once the video has loaded, the progress bar should be full, and the progress dialog should close. I don't think I changed anything there for this update, though I haven't tested using the stock player for a while. I'll have a look tomorrow.
Let me explain it a little please,
when i click to watch the video, 2 loading bars appears on top of each other, then one of them go and the second remains,
then the stock player launch and play the video while i cant see anything ( i can only hear the sound ) because of the screen is black and that bar preventing me of touching outside of it,
so i have to kill the current task with the power menu and then launch terminal using the keyboard and issue this command to remove the bar
Code:
killlall cutetube
i hope i was clear enough
please note that if nobody of the other N900 users experiencing the same bug then it is of course because of something in my device ( as it needs to be flashed )
thanks in advance

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Last edited by sifo; 2012-12-22 at 14:50. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2012 @ port harcourt
Mine is saying, "Unable to Connect to Server" each time I tried to Watch or download videos.
Plese help me

Originally Posted by sifo View Post
Let me explain it a little please,
when i click to watch the video, 2 loading bars appears on top of each other, then one of them go and the second remains,
then the stock player launch and play the video while i cant see anything ( i can only hear the sound ) because of the screen is black and that bar preventing me of touching outside of it,
so i have to kill the current task with the power menu and then launch terminal using the keyboard and issue this command to remove the bar
Code:
killlall cutetube
i hope i was clear enough
please note that if nobody of the other N900 users experiencing the same bug then it is of course because of something in my device ( as it to be flashed )
thanks in advance

./sifo

I'm getting the exact same thing, what I do to close the loading bar is press the power for powermenu and select "end task"

edit: also I'm using kmplayer, sometimes it works and sometimes the two loading bars appear

Last edited by lonk; 2012-12-22 at 12:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by lonk View Post
I'm getting the exact same thing, what I do to close the loading bar is press the power for powermenu and select "end task"

edit: also I'm using kmplayer, sometimes it works and sometimes the two loading bars appear
Prolly redundant but let me note: me too!

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by syake View Post

these errors doesnt appear when I run cutetube quickly after powering on n900 and booting.
after that i've uninstalled ibus-*,reboot,run cutetube again but it seems no matter to solve this issue.

any helps?

thanks.
Are you not running the qml version? If so, you should post here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1306342

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Version 1.4.3 now available for Maemo5. This fixes the progress dialog. Debian package is available from http://ubuntuone.com/7HcgTCpnzySjcvQXVXllhw

My website

GitHub

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube