Notices

Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post
nice! will try this, as the accuracy of the old version wasn't that perfect. I tried a lot of frequencies that seemed free but none of them really were noise-free, though it seems that the fm receiver on the n900 isn't that sensitive (to noise) than i.e. a car radio, which have a much better antenna.
I just searched from 87.5 to 108 at extensive scan and i got only 21 empty frequencies. Only 10% of the range i scanned was empty frequencies. Btw you are right that the reciever of n900 isnt that sensitive, I hope that t-control will scan better using the transmitter instead of the reciever.

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Thanks for all your hard work Blizzard mate, much appreciated!

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
The app wont find really empty frequencies if you have the headphones like a ball... I will post some pics later.
yeah I know as the headphones act like an antenna... but on a lot of frequencies the n900 is empty, there may be some noise on car radios, as they seem to amplify the radio signals better and from radio stations farther away.

And I guess that different headphones (with different shielding and cable length) probably also affect the reception and scanning results, right?

Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
I just searched from 87.5 to 108 at extensive scan and i got only 21 empty frequencies. Only 10% of the range i scanned was empty frequencies. Btw you are right that the reciever of n900 isnt that sensitive, I hope that t-control will scan better using the transmitter instead of the reciever.
Mhm... With eff 0.9.2 I found more than 100 free frequencies on extensive search. While I'm writing I'm trying again with 0.9.3 and some headphones with a 2m cable in a straight line on my bed.

Btw. is it possible to broaden the frequency range to scan from 76MHz to 108 as I have unlocked them with the modified fmtxd.

========
One more Edit:
Ok scan has finished and it found 116 free freqs, thats 56% of the scanned freqs. What's weird is that it doesn't include a frequency that I've found manually while sitting in my car and searching for empty freqs. I still prefer to use this frequency up to today as it is still more noise free than I've tried from the results of eff.

I guess that eff scans every frequency for a more or less strong signal. But it seems that alot of "unused" and empty frequencies have noise from interferences.

Last edited by MONVMENTVM; 2011-01-25 at 21:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to MONVMENTVM For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
dude, why did you name the package the exact same thing, now the one in the repository wants to overwrite it and drives me nuts. I have to make an apt preferences file to block it...
why don't you rename it to EFF-GUI or something and just put a Conflicts: or Replaces: line in the control file?
oh, and fyi, the link to this thread in your sig is messed up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Scarbrough
great app man excelent work....
seriously don't get the issue of the other almost non gui eff....

can u please fix that like change your eff's name cause it has been showing up again and again on the update....

and i don't know how to block the other one from appearing for update....

Tanks again....

Does anyone know how can i change the name of my project (eff) in Qt Creator? Should i manually rename the .pro file?

dude.. thanks a lot for ur kind effort..
i've installed it, but couldn't find it in the apps menu!
any conditions to run this app?

another point... normally, it's not possible to run the FM transmitter while the headset connected, so how it'll act as antenna?

thx a lot..

Last edited by kubaysi; 2011-04-04 at 10:11. Reason: better

The Following User Says Thank You to kubaysi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kubaysi View Post
dude.. thanks a lot for ur kind effort..
i've installed it, but couldn't find it in the apps menu!
any conditions to run this app?

another point... normally, it's not possible to run the FM transmitter while the headset connected, so how it'll act as antenna?

thx a lot..
* Uninstall the version you cant find in the menu
* Install the deb version which is available on the first post of this thread
* Dont update with the (shell script) version availbale in the repos.

I didnt understand your second question. E.F.F. just uses the headphones as antenna and turns on the reciever to scan for empty frequencies (in extensive mode searches for the emptiest frequencies possible using the reciever and fm_rssi file). E.F.F. has nothing to do with the FM Transmitter.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
This gives me an error "cant find fm_rssi"

Edit: Couldn't get the one on the repos to work either
Running with command: EFF did the job to run the script from the terminal.

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-12-07 at 11:27.

great and useful app. many thanks

There is a slight problem with it. frequency signal reception differs from radio to radio. eg I get no signal from N900 on 93.0 fm but I get signal on an ericsson phone at 93.0 fm. since the empty signal should be on the receiving radio and not the transmitting (n900) it's a bit of a problem here.
I have scanned the all frequencies and I found 7 empty with e.f.f. on another radio these frequencies were not "completely" empty. only one of them had a little hissing noise.
I don't know what will happen with my car radio as I have not yet tested it and I am sure it has a very good reception.