Active Topics

Notices

I uploaded again libglew1.5.

The dependency for libGL is:
libgl1-mesa-glx | libgl1 | libgl1-mesa-swx11

The dependency for libGLU is:
libglu1-mesa | libgl1

I hope this is ok, as libgl1 provide libGL and libGLU.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
Widelands still doesn't pull it automatically during update - manual one is required. Or it's just me?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Needed to use category filter "All packages(ADVANCED)" on FAM to see libglew update, but dependencies are ok now,

With correct dependencies, you would not need to search for it manually - it would be pulled while installing/updating Widelands. That's the point of dependencies...

/Estel

// Edit

holgerN, in my case playing game with or without "Open GL rendering" in options result in exactly same, quite smooth speed (quite, as it could be faster, yet I don't remember if it was looking like that in old version too). Are You sure, that unchecking/checking this option makes any difference?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-04-15 at 20:20.

I fixed the dependency in widelands. Now the newest libglew1.5 will be downloaded.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
What do You think about splitting widelands into two packages - widelands (optified executable etc) depending on 2nd package widelands-data? It's quite troublesome to download ~140 Mb of data just to get small dependency update, or other thing like that.

Actually, most games for N900 use that technique - in case of need, executable/dependencies and data can be updated independently.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Widelands consists of widelands and widelands-data.

A new stable version is available. But i have one problem. I think i did a naming mistake. The last version has the name:

widelands_17rc2-maemo8

If a remove the rc2 from the name (widelands_17-maemo1), is this version number lower then 17rc2? How should i name the new release?

The Following User Says Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by HolgerN View Post
If a remove the rc2 from the name (widelands_17-maemo1), is this version number lower then 17rc2? How should i name the new release?
You're screwed!

Seriously, the right way would have been to not call the rc package widelands_17rc2-maemo8 but something like widelands_16.99+17rc2-maemo8. See here [1] for future reference.

As for now all you can do is to give the widelands_17 (non-rc) package a name that has an alphabetically higher order than the rc. You might call it widelands_17rc3-maemo1 or widelands_17release-maemo1 or whatever you like.

[1] http://people.debian.org/~calvin/unofficial/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
I just realized that you'll still run into problems when naming the next version (rc of widelands 18) correctly widelands_17.99+18rc1-maemo1 because the dot in 17.99 will be lower than the r in the proposed 17rc3 or 17release.

I see three permanent solutions:
1. Stick with the current naming scheme forever.
2. Don't package release candidates of widelands 18.
3. If you want to change your naming scheme but also want to package release candidates make sure not to call them widelands_18whatever but widelands_17whatever where "whatever" should be alphabetically higher than "rc3" respectively "release".

The Following User Says Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
don't worry HolgerN, it happens - those naming schemes are headache for many Still big thank You for Your work on this and other FOSS games for Maemo, just wanted to leave a sign that it's greatly appreciated.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-