So I just received my new cyan housing in the mail - certainly looks like the real thing! (this was confirmed by the seller)

Only difference is the chinese markings on the bottom, rather than the CE logo

Will (try to) switch the housings over tonight!

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Israel
i tried to replace mine to the white one. but i'm having problem with one Screw that no longer can be opפend.
what next?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
So I just received my new cyan housing in the mail - certainly looks like the real thing! (this was confirmed by the seller)

Only difference is the chinese markings on the bottom, rather than the CE logo

Will (try to) switch the housings over tonight!
Awesome! Please let me know how it goes!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i Have changed my case multiple times.

IHave black, cyan, and white (what it is now)

Easy prices, takes 5 minutes.

Looking for a magenta housing.

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Awesome! Please let me know how it goes!
Okay, so i got the case and all seemed well at first

But then i saw some slight physical damage near the usb door, which, made me think "i should return it", but i let it go

Then I tried to switch out everything in to the new housing, to discover that one of the screw sockets had a broken screw in it, preventing me from being able to put a screw in that particular socket. But that too, i thought i would let pass

BUT THEN, i turned it on, everything seemed okay, until i went to use the flash on the camera - that didn't work. So, that was the last straw

I've had to switch everything back to my original housing. I think i'll just stick with my original one and get a refund

Warning though - make sure the torx screwdrivers you get are magnetised. The ones they sent me weren't, and it is actually impossible to screw back in the 2 screws in the usb/sim tray bit. Luckily i had a magnetic torx from a few years back that did the trick

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by rotaha View Post
i tried to replace mine to the white one. but i'm having problem with one Screw that no longer can be opפend.
what next?
Top-right screw, next to the down volume button? I stripped that one when I did the change myself - had to take a dremel to it and then use a flathead screwdriver.

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Okay, so i got the case and all seemed well at first

But then i saw some slight physical damage near the usb door, which, made me think "i should return it", but i let it go

Then I tried to switch out everything in to the new housing, to discover that one of the screw sockets had a broken screw in it, preventing me from being able to put a screw in that particular socket. But that too, i thought i would let pass

BUT THEN, i turned it on, everything seemed okay, until i went to use the flash on the camera - that didn't work. So, that was the last straw

I've had to switch everything back to my original housing. I think i'll just stick with my original one and get a refund

Warning though - make sure the torx screwdrivers you get are magnetised. The ones they sent me weren't, and it is actually impossible to screw back in the 2 screws in the usb/sim tray bit. Luckily i had a magnetic torx from a few years back that did the trick
Maybe when I get it I should just return it and wait to get it from a more expensive seller.

I just got mines in the mail today, I'm gonna return it.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Top-right screw, next to the down volume button? I stripped that one when I did the change myself - had to take a dremel to it and then use a flathead screwdriver.
seems like that screw is the problematic one. I stripped mine too. But mine is partially out already. Will try to use a pliers to get it out tonight.

So now i am short of one screw. Is it ok to not screw that one or do I need to get a replacement screw?

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by tanwg View Post
seems like that screw is the problematic one. I stripped mine too. But mine is partially out already. Will try to use a pliers to get it out tonight.

So now i am short of one screw. Is it ok to not screw that one or do I need to get a replacement screw?
I've got two screws not back in my n9 at the moment due to stripping them on the way out - seems fine. I put another screw back in the "problem" spot, as it's fairly central, but left some other ones out where there were other screws nearby. I left the metal retainer strip out entirely for a week too and that didn't seem to matter or affect reception either. Just think - your phone will be a gram lighter than other N9s as well as being a different colour!