Vodafone is claiming these charges already existed, and are giving only 14 days' notice. Do you know why??

see below:
7.1 = Advantage to them
7.2 = Advantage to us

If they claim falsely that this is a change to the charges only and give 14 days' notice, they will not allow us to cancel the policy, according to 7.1

However, if they give 30 days' notice, this would mean we can proceed without doubt to cancel our policy under 7.2

We may change our Charges and/or introduce new Charges from time to time. If we increase our Charges, we will give you at least 14 days' notice. If we believe any change in our Charges will not disadvantage you, it may be included without notice.

We can make changes to or withdraw Services at any time and we can make changes to and/or introduce new terms to this Agreement at any time. We will give you at least 30 days notice of these changes if we do and you may have a right to end this Agreement under clause 11, if we do.
Does "make changes" not include "increase charges"??

the only reason they are saying that these charges already existed and giving 14 days' notice onyly is: they want some shelter under 7.1

Last edited by UNderworld; 2010-05-11 at 02:35.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Just noticed this on the bitterwallet post.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/how-to-c...emplates/29324

# Posted by Daniel Z | May 10th, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Hi All,

Just spotted a mistake on the template letter, there’s a reference to “Section 11.b” but I think it should read “Section 11.d”…?

Can anyone confirm this is correct before i pop this letter in the post please?

the difference in clause points is because people are referencing two contracts from 2008 and 2009. both 11.b and 11.d have the same text so it doesnt matter really. they will get the point.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Here is my situation. Can someone please help me!

I joined Vodafone in December 2009 and have been really unhappy with the service I received. I always get connection errors and my phone keeps disconnecting with almost any phone calls. Additionally, I hardly ever get any decent reception. I spoke to vodafone and they advised me to turn off 3G, which I have, and its been better but still is problematic. Thing is... I WANT 3G ON. Its a Internet Tablet and I dont want to be browsing the web in 2G!!! I live in London, so I dont have connection problems in this City!

I have never gone over the 500Mb limit, and dont have a problem with this. So... Can I still cancel the contract under these terms?

Of course I would bullcrap and tell them that im unhappy with the contract changes, bla bla bla. So would this be a viable way of getting OUT of the contract???

If I send them this letter, and tell them that they violated their own agreements, would I cancel this successfully? What do you think? If I stop the DD, would they NOT come after me and charge me the full contract fees and so on?

Also would I get to keep my beloved N900???

Please help! I think this would be a great opportunity to get out of the crap vodafone contract I am on now, and move back to O2, but I am not sure if I should do this!!! I am afraid vodafone will come after me and sue me silly!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK

Can anyone confirm this is correct before i pop this letter in the post please?
Surely we cant send letters until vodafone actually send us a text confirming the change?

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_bridger For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_bridger View Post
Surely we cant send letters until vodafone actually send us a text confirming the change?
Technically you already can. They have already stated the change on ther forums, and it's already all over the web. We got a text from them and they have already confirmed it on the phone to me. BUT yes we should wait for the text anyway. Makes arguments solid.

Ok, well i took my contract out early this year, so that would be the 2009 version i'm guessing.

Any idea which one that would be?
Ah I dont know actually. Find a copy of the contract and verify (and let us know ). it should be on their website or in the email in the form of a link they sent you when you signed up.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bushey, Herts, UK.
posted on voda eforum this morning and on MSE by MattJ;

"Hello Everyone,

We have seen quite a bit of speculation on the out of bundle charges for Vodafone UK mobile internet users on forums and in the media. We wanted to clarify things. Here are the facts as they stand today:

In June we'll be introducing a free text service to tell our contract customers when they're approaching the upper limit of their data bundle. As the vast majority of our mobile internet subscribers (more than 97 percent) never reach the limit they will not be receiving the text alerts at all.

The minority of our customers (less then 3 percent) who do come close will receive a text telling them they are approaching their data allowance and advising them to monitor their usage going forward. At this point customers will not be charged anything more.

If after receiving several such alerts, over a period of few months, customers continue to use excessive amounts of data they will be contacted by Vodafone and advised to upgrade to another data plan to avoid incurring unnecessary additional charges.

Customers will be able to make an informed decision on whether to continue, limit their use or change to a different price plan, giving them total control of their spend.

However, if customers continue to use excessive amounts of data over a longer period of time, the costs are as follows:

Current charge Out of bundle charge

No handheld data bundle 50p a day for 25MB 50p for an additional 10MB

Handheld data bundle £5 a month, or £7.50 with a flexi-bundle £5 for an additional 500MB

Note: 500MB means you can read and reply to thousands of emails, download 24 Google maps and read 8,000 BBC News stories. Today, a tiny fraction of our customers use their full allowance.

Thanks,

Tom

eForum Team"

Sneaky bastards are to trying to wriggle out of it, now it's looking like a 'new text service' for us and a properly enforced fup.

Last edited by qwertyberty; 2010-05-11 at 09:10.

That is an interesting change (though not predictable) to their upcoming policy.

They clearly read on their forums the number of users who will be leaving VF as they have some brains and have figured out the contract is in their favours and are now trying to minimise loss.

When i spoke to customer service agent a few days ago I specifically asked if there is another data package I can sign up to get more/unlimited data and I was told 'NO'.

My guess is, if this is all true, then we will be asked to pay MORE just to get the 1GB limit that Iphone users get (for free btw). Lets see how things settle but if that happens, does anyone know if we can argue on discriminative grounds for unfair pricing?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bushey, Herts, UK.
Will do, should be able to find out by this afternoon.

Just spoke to 02 and they can offer a 30 day rolling contract on sim only deals for 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. I queried them on the unlimited usage and they were adamant that it was i fact UNLIMITED with NO FUP and no plans to bring one in.

Is this true or was i being told porkies?
I'm sure O2 are telling the truth, on no, hold on it's porkies.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwertyberty For This Useful Post:
Will do, should be able to find out by this afternoon.

Just spoke to 02 and they can offer a 30 day rolling contract on sim only deals for 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. I queried them on the unlimited usage and they were adamant that it was i fact UNLIMITED with NO FUP and no plans to bring one in.

Is this true or was i being told porkies?
No i think that is true. My cousin had it briefly and loved it.
Mmmm i wants a N900 and Desire handset now. Was really hoping I could cancel this contract.

Tags
vodafone con