remember 1 thing, they dont replace new one easily, it probably refurbish phone. Same trick that DELL use when people call up for some part replacement

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

Thanks for all your replay!

In my nightmare journey with the N9 I've tried different thing for resolve the issues by myself but no one ever fixed my problems.

When I've got the rotation sensor broken I've tried to adjust the settings in sensords.conf but was a no go; with the proximity sensor issue I cannot do anything.

With the earpiece sound volume I've tried to force volume with alsamixer but also with volume maxed to 100% the voice was so low as a distant whisper, I think it's an hw fault too this time.

The last N9 that come back was a new N9, dunno if was refurbished or not, i cannot check the imei, the product code is not listed on NavFirm+ but the OS Variant correspond to my first N9 CV - Switzerland.

Tomorrow I will bring it to the NCP and I won't see it until September...

Thanks for all your replies, I don't think that the N9 itself it's a bad product, instead I think it's a gorgeous one if only it works, mine not.

I think that this story is significant of where Nokia is going with her own foot: straight to an hole...

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
I've owned my N9 since release day in october and have 0 issues that you have mentioned, you have a faulty N9 and Nokia care should have replaced it right away.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
You've been hit by Elop karma, once in with the WP 'family' never out.

Regards Dousan...

On a serious note I would claim a new one or my money back.

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-07-31 at 16:41.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Blame jollamobile. They are responsible for N9 and associated problems. Hopefully they will learn their lesson

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Blame jollamobile. They are responsible for N9 and associated problems. Hopefully they will learn their lesson
Its nobody fault but Nokia, Nokia should have done a better quality check on it before releasing it

remember that video they made about how the manufacturing process is "so amazing" and what not lol. yeah

edit: i bought my n9 off of ebay, not knowing if it even worked or not and i dont have 1 hardware issue with my phone

Last edited by stratax; 2012-07-31 at 21:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to stratax For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by stratax View Post
Its nobody fault but Nokia, Nokia should have done a better quality check on it before releasing it

remember that video they made about how the manufacturing process is "so amazing" and what not lol. yeah

edit: i bought my n9 off of ebay, not knowing if it even worked or not and i dont have 1 hardware issue with my phone
You are right. I dont know who did what, but Jolla members were in charge of the project and they run Jolla now. Hopefully they learn from what we are telling them.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suzughia View Post
Just tell me what can I do now? And how can I trust Nokia anymore?
simply You can't - Nokia is dead, just like commodore was. Still using same name for completely different things - done with completely different people - isn't enough.

You may hope for Jolla to bring what was saved from Nokia's ashes. If not... Well, Community is only hope

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
You are right. I dont know who did what, but Jolla members were in charge of the project and they run Jolla now. Hopefully they learn from what we are telling them.
No they weren't, you're being deliberately misleading because you're -quite frankly- unwell.
Some of the people (a mere tiny fraction) involved in the greater Maemo/MeeGo projects are now working for Jolla.
Yet that doesn't stop you posting all over the place that Maemo/MeeGo projects = Jolla, I wonder why.
N9 is unpolished/unfinished in some ways because Nokia dropped the ball long before the N9 even came to market.
Resources for the team & the team itself have been shrinking since Feb 2011, & dramatically in about the last 9mth.
But you choose to ignore simple facts like that, doesn't suit your bizarro view of the world.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-08-02 at 03:54.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
I have had some troubles with my N9, but I just cant part with it! Its iconic in a way. There is just something special about them.

The Following User Says Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post: