Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Sorry about 0.3.4. Too many late nights. I was testing on the desktop, and I forgot to set it back to showFullScreen(). I also forgot to uncomment the line that sets the filepath for the download. It was commented out to get around a bug in Qt Creator syntax highlighting.

0.3.5 should be up soon.
Thanks heaps.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
could you please add confirmation when clicking on Exit? I kept accidentally exit out of it and it killed all my downloads.

I'm using your 0.3.4

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
could you please add confirmation when clicking on Exit? I kept accidentally exit out of it and it killed all my downloads.

I'm using your 0.3.4
OK. I may add confirmation only in the case where there is an active download. But in any case, your download queue should have been saved, and any partially downloaded files will remain for resumption when you restart them. Did this not happen?

On a lighter note, the name 'Exit' gives a clue as to what it does.

If you are pressing 'Back' multiple times to return to the main screen, then you should instead use the long-press, which has the same result.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-11 at 12:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Every time you click on "Most Viewed" the app said "No videos" and takes another 10seconds to see the Loading.... and load the page. Can the app not cache the list of video the first time it load the list off the server"?
10 seconds? Are you using a 56k modem?

The problem with caching YouTube video lists is that they change. A user's subscriptions and playlists are cached, and updated when the user performs an action that alters them, because caching makes sense in these cases. It does not make sense in cases where changes are made server-side. The YouTube API would need to offer some kind of push notification for it to work.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
The only thing the qml is missing (to me) is clipboard then its perfect! So i'm keeping the old version till then
Added for the next release. You'll also be able to copy multiple videos to the clipboard when viewing a list.

Exit confirmation also added if a download is in progress:

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-11 at 13:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Could you post a .ts file so I can start a german translation?

//EDIT:
It seems I'm learning how to translate .qml files. But could need one or two more tipps...

Here's what I did:
- changed text entries like
Code:
text: "cuteTube-QML - 0.3.4"
to
Code:
text: qsTr("cuteTube-QML - 0.3.4)
in the .qml files and run 'lupdate' that gave me a .ts file which I can use in QT Linquist

But I guess that's not all that needs to get done... but I have less knowledge in dev...
Do I need to change lines like
Code:
name: "portrait"
to
Code:
name: qsTr("portrait")
, too ?

...I'm just learning...

Last edited by NightShift79; 2011-04-11 at 14:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
i have a quick question. ever since updating cutetube to 0.3.4. my download list doesn't download anymore. it just stay in queued permanently, and i have only 1 download. another note, i realize whatever was still in the list b4 i quit cutetube qml, when i come back, that list is doubled, whatever was in the list got duplicated. so if i had 2 videos in list, when i quit and come back, i get 4 in the list, and 2 r identical.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
hi marxian.

I made a .ts file how I mentioned above...
It's not a final german translation, but maybe it helps you to implement it...
I will correct it if it gets implemented
Attached Files
File Type: zip qmltube-translation.zip (7.6 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by NightShift79; 2011-04-11 at 15:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
ok i really need some help now. now every time i start cutetube qml, my download list is x^2. i went to the download list and delete them. but next time i come back to cutetubeqml, its back again only x^2 again. is there a list file i can remove? or is there some file with improper permissions?

Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
ok i really need some help now. now every time i start cutetube qml, my download list is x^2. i went to the download list and delete them. but next time i come back to cutetubeqml, its back again only x^2 again. is there a list file i can remove? or is there some file with improper permissions?
There was an error in 0.3.4, which meant that the filepath was not set for downloads. If you update using HAM/FapMan, you should be able to delete the downloads. If the problem persists, you can delete the download database table by inserting a DROP TABLE command in the settings initialisation:

Code:
function initialize() {
    var db = getDatabase();
    db.transaction(
                function(tx) {
                    // Create the settings table if it doesn't already exist
                    // If the table exists, this is skipped
                    tx.executeSql('CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS accounts(username TEXT UNIQUE, password TEXT, isDefault INTEGER)');
                    tx.executeSql('CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS settings(setting TEXT UNIQUE, value TEXT)');
                    tx.executeSql('CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS searches(searchterm TEXT UNIQUE)');
                    tx.executeSql('DROP TABLE downloads');
                    tx.executeSql('CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS downloads (filePath TEXT UNIQUE, playerUrl TEXT, title TEXT, thumbnail TEXT)');
                    tx.executeSql('CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS archive (filePath TEXT UNIQUE, title TEXT, thumbnail TEXT, quality TEXT, isNew INTEGER)');
                    setDefaultSettings();
                });
}
This will delete the old table and replace it with a clean one. You will then need to remove the inserted line.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-11 at 16:56.

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube