Closed Thread
Yep, but i can understand that it's a little expensive device for playing with ... so he sold it.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste View Post
If someone could offer/support an n900 to bdogg64 that would really help
As a minimum, he should add himself to this list, so it is apparent, that the interest is there, even if he's without a device at the moment:

https://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Developer_Device_Queue

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
As a minimum, he should add himself to this list, so it is apparent, that the interest is there, even if he's without a device at the moment:

https://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Developer_Device_Queue
Thanks for the link. I'll see if I can be added even though its not maemo development.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Shanghai
It seems that you guys are looking for a patch to the omap2 dss driver for Android's double buffer feature. I worked on a gumstix overo platform recently, and got the eclair worked on android-omap-2.6.29 kernel. The patch has been listed on http://elinux.org/Android_on_OMAP wiki page. Hope it helps your N90o porting -

Best regards,
Ming

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mingw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mingw View Post
It seems that you guys are looking for a patch to the omap2 dss driver for Android's double buffer feature. I worked on a gumstix overo platform recently, and got the eclair worked on android-omap-2.6.29 kernel. The patch has been listed on http://elinux.org/Android_on_OMAP wiki page. Hope it helps your N90o porting -

Best regards,
Ming
Nice! So simple it seems.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

bdogg64, did you successfully get a working dual boot env. ?

Here is what i get : Android working (except wlan, but i guess i have to replace the "/system/lib/modules/wl*" module with my compiled one on the android fs) but not maemo (reboot loop) :

- Compile the kernel with your kernel patch.
- Copy the compiled modules to the maemo partition (Not sure to understand that, the kernel load some modules from the maemo partition and some from the android one ?)
- Enable R&D

Else the strange thing is with my compiled kernel and modules, without applying the android patchs, all seems fine, but the phone reboot as soon as i try to scan for a wifi access point, and the partitions are strangly mounted ... well, i'll do more testing on that.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
ok even with patched files i am still getting a blank screen, im in progress downloading the donut source to see if that can be persuaded to boot then ill try and port eclair bits back to it (similar to how cyanogen is doing on the g1

Originally Posted by Cpasjuste View Post
bdogg64, did you successfully get a working dual boot env. ?

Here is what i get : Android working (except wlan, but i guess i have to replace the "/system/lib/modules/wl*" module with my compiled one on the android fs) but not maemo (reboot loop) :

- Compile the kernel with your kernel patch.
- Copy the compiled modules to the maemo partition (Not sure to understand that, the kernel load some modules from the maemo partition and some from the android one ?)
- Enable R&D

Else the strange thing is with my compiled kernel and modules, without applying the android patchs, all seems fine, but the phone reboot as soon as i try to scan for a wifi access point, and the partitions are strangly mounted ... well, i'll do more testing on that.
Not completely. I was in the same spot you're in as far as the weird mounting but I hadn't worked through that yet. Basically you will have copies of the compiled android modules in two places. In android they will be in /system/lib/modules/. In Maemo they will be in /lib/modules/current/. They will be the same in both places with the exception of the touchscreen driver. I'll have to look through the patches again to find the issue with mounting. I could boot both systems but things like wifi weren't working on the maemo side yet. I was more focused on getting the android side working at the time.

You also have to disable the watchdogs to get out of the reboot loop.

Code:

flasher-3.5 --set-rd-flags=no-omap-wd,no-ext-wd -R

Last edited by bdogg64; 2010-03-16 at 15:56.

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
ok even with patched files i am still getting a blank screen, im in progress downloading the donut source to see if that can be persuaded to boot then ill try and port eclair bits back to it (similar to how cyanogen is doing on the g1
Are you getting the page flipping error still ?

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by bdogg64 View Post
Are you getting the page flipping error still ?
I bet you're flipping tired of the page flipping error.

The Following User Says Thank You to twoboxen For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread