Keep it in Rice!!.. Rice is a great dehydrate.. will suck out all the water.. So leave in a bowl of rice for 3 days completely covered.. Then try bootin it..

John from Tekseven has a similar fate but rescued his n900.. check out his n900 stress tests in youtube..

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by ear0wax View Post
I always try rice then the oven method (basically evaporating the water out).
very good thread... i have a question... does the rice work? home made instructions? can i repair a device without professional accessories? just using the rice, a cleanex or something like this? than u guys for helping us!

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Piekary Śląskie, Poland
Originally Posted by rnb89 View Post
John from Tekseven has a similar fate but rescued his n900.. check out his n900 stress tests in youtube..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y030QJbaUus

Last edited by mpi; 2010-05-22 at 21:32. Reason: added quote

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
yes rice will hlp.... but it will pull the water to slow out form the phone to prevent corrosion... (that brown things when steel becomes wet)...

rice is only first aid.... if you want to prevent problems you have to dissassemble the phone and clean it with ultrasound and isopropanol.... or give it to someone who can clean it proffessionaly....

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

where is the water damage indicator on this thing?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
where is the water damage indicator on this thing?
The diagram here will show you the location of the water damage indicator.

My N900 was submerged for about five seconds. I tried the rice thing for 24 hours, and that didn't help. About all I can get out of my N900 now is a green indicator light when I plug it into the wall charger or a USB port.

In trying to determine if there is any life left in my N900, if the problem is with the battery or the device itself, I was hoping someone with a working N900 could answer the following questions.

Can you turn on the phone without the battery installed?
With the phone off, do you get a green indicator LED when plugged in (AC or USB) without the battery?
Is there any USB activity (like dmesg output on a Linux box) when plugging in a battery-less N900 with the power off?

Thanks. Enjoy your N900s while you have 'em, folks. I sure miss mine.

the green indicator lite when connected to charger is only on when the battery is full! what i know of the rice trick is ur supposed to seperate ur battery from the phone and keep them both in a rice bowl for 3 days! completely covered.what i wud recommend is put it in for 3 days and dont touch it.. keep praying if u believe in God that ur phone works! on the 3rd of July if it doesnt work.. atleast u tried all u cud do!

cheers

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Shinto View Post
The diagram here will show you the location of the water damage indicator.

My N900 was submerged for about five seconds. I tried the rice thing for 24 hours, and that didn't help. About all I can get out of my N900 now is a green indicator light when I plug it into the wall charger or a USB port.

In trying to determine if there is any life left in my N900, if the problem is with the battery or the device itself, I was hoping someone with a working N900 could answer the following questions.

Can you turn on the phone without the battery installed?
With the phone off, do you get a green indicator LED when plugged in (AC or USB) without the battery?
Is there any USB activity (like dmesg output on a Linux box) when plugging in a battery-less N900 with the power off?

Thanks. Enjoy your N900s while you have 'em, folks. I sure miss mine.
you shouldn't be able to turn on the phone if there is no battery.

e: btw my N900 took horizontal rain pretty well at least for now. twice "unable to register sim-card" -errors but nothing more..

now I remember again for a while that rain can travel also vertically when wind is strong enough...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-06-30 at 06:15.

For someone who is not very tech savy I recomend the following:

1. Remove battery and do not re-insert it until the end of the process, "testing it" in between will problably damage it.

2. Submerge the phone in plenty of distilled water and shake for about a minute (Please make sure to use distilled water), this will prevent corrosion by removing the minerals.

2a. Shake water off and repeat step 2 at least 3 times, more if the phone was in a pool or salt water.

3. Pre-dy without using heat.

4. Place the phone and battery in a container with rice for 2 days.

5. Re insert battery and power on phone

The Following User Says Thank You to VII For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VII View Post
For someone who is not very tech savy I recomend the following:

2. Submerge the phone in plenty of distilled water and shake for about a minute (Please make sure to use distilled water), this will prevent corrosion by removing the minerals.

2a. Shake water off and repeat step 2 at least 3 times, more if the phone was in a pool or salt water.
Seriously? Your recommending submerging a phone in water to fix it?