Posts: 105 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ India
please tell us the app used for the shot. also, the settings if you remember.

^ Im curious about that myself - Aonsaithya got really high q image there...

I used blessn900 app on a low exposure on a 2 second timer setting (hand moves if I take the image normally).

But I dont think it matters - just really keep your hand steady.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New Mexico, USA
My shots were taken with the default cam app, set to macro mode. It's funny that you guys ask, because I had just recently re-flashed my phone back to vanilla PR1.3 (had some trouble with fMMS - T-Mobile in my area is really funky when it comes to data, and I couldn't get the phone to automagically switch back to WiFi when home; it insisted on the MMS APN). I haven't had a chance to re-install FCamera or the other mods.

So, my shots were about as stock as could be. I steadied the phone using my ring and pinky fingers on the telescope, and hitting the shutter with the right middle. It took about 10 or so tries to get it just right before I changed the eyepiece to the higher power for the closer shot. Even then, it was a bit challenging to keep things centered. I had to tilt the phone ever-so-slightly to avoid lens flare - hence the slight "flattening" of the moon in the first pic.

The Following User Says Thank You to jvanhou For This Useful Post:
That's interesting now, I also had to tilt the camera slightly - but not because of lens flare, but (I think) to prevent the oversaturation of the camera exposure, cos the image was waaay too bright for the camera even with the lowest exposure settings.....

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
^ Im curious about that myself - Aonsaithya got really high q image there...
Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
In southern Finland, we had a complete cloud-cover. I was on standby with my tripod, EOS 20D, 300mm + 2x teleconverter. That's 960mm (1.6x sensor crop)... :'<

Didn't really consider using my N900, since my current objective is to outdo the photo I took in 2005 without the teleconverter.
I hope you didn't get the impression that I took the moon photo on an N900, since as I stated, I took it in 2005.

Oh....Right. Whoops, my bad.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New Mexico, USA
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
That's interesting now, I also had to tilt the camera slightly - but not because of lens flare, but (I think) to prevent the oversaturation of the camera exposure, cos the image was waaay too bright for the camera even with the lowest exposure settings.....
Oh... that might be the more accurate term for it. The image on the display when it was lined up square on the lens had that overly-bright "wobbly-blob" look that I would get if I was shooting something with the sun slightly in-frame. When tilting, that blob would go away and I'd get a decent image (although slightly flatter). Of course, that angle of tilt seemed to work in a range of "oooh, I got it!" and " @#$% !!!".

Wow the quality is excellent through even the cheap telescopes.

Have a look yourself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7a-Vf8CFo4

You...you destroyed the moon!

Tags
bada rox