Active Topics

Pls i need help on how to get rid of the unlock code. sum1 tempered with mine and i havent been able to use my 770 for 3 months now. i understand that if i flash the device, the code still remains. pls help....

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by abbaty View Post
Pls i need help on how to get rid of the unlock code. sum1 tempered with mine and i havent been able to use my 770 for 3 months now. i understand that if i flash the device, the code still remains. pls help....

Well afaik reflashing the firmware completely should reset the device back to factory defaults.. right?? I would go ahead and try to flash it.. If not try to SSH into the device and locate where it would keep the security codes then try to decode it and change it? or just remove it?

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by abbaty View Post
i understand that if i flash the device, the code still remains..
That is true. However, if you somehow manage to turn the device on, you can use this http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=19 to find the code, and then you can always turn it on again.

Have you tried reflashing? It might be worth trying. Possibly the reboot after flashing will bypass the security check. This is something I don't know, but it is what I would try if I were in your position.

Reflashing won't reset the lock code, but it should reset the lock setting so it won't ask for a code after rebooting.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: