Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
I just uploaded a new -devel version to the autobuilder. The changes are:
- Updated Midgard-Plugin
- New About Dialog
- Improved bullet list editing

I'm hoping that it is no longer possible to create invalid bullet list structures with this code. Hopefully this will help with the sometimes corrupted notes. The sync code did not change since the last -devel release.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
How are plans going, if at all, to get Conboy to "share via service," e.g. Evernote?

Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
How are plans going, if at all, to get Conboy to "share via service," e.g. Evernote?
Well, to share via service, we first need to convert the notes into something the services can understand. Probably XHTML would make sense and it shouldn't be very difficult as the notes are stored in XML that is already quite similar to XHTML already.

Still, someone needs to do it. Volunteers?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Hi. Great app, but it would be of MUCH more use to me if I was possible to select different system fonts (serif, new times, sans, etc.), and various font sizes (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, etc.) to make the best use of screen real estate for editing simple documents. Any chance of such a feature in conboy?

Originally Posted by conny View Post
Well, to share via service, we first need to convert the notes into something the services can understand. Probably XHTML would make sense and it shouldn't be very difficult as the notes are stored in XML that is already quite similar to XHTML already.

Still, someone needs to do it. Volunteers?
Maybe I'm missing something, but how do I easily get a Conboy file onto my PC for editing?

Originally Posted by Echohead View Post
Hi. Great app, but it would be of MUCH more use to me if I was possible to select different system fonts (serif, new times, sans, etc.), and various font sizes (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, etc.) to make the best use of screen real estate for editing simple documents. Any chance of such a feature in conboy?
I won't add this, sorry. However, you can use the zoom/volume hardware buttons to change the general text size. Not sure that will help you, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Maybe I'm missing something, but how do I easily get a Conboy file onto my PC for editing?
The notes are stored in /home/user/.conboy. They are named *.note, but are plain XML, so you can edit them with a simple text editor. Use, for example, scp to copy them to your PC.

I won't add this, sorry. However, you can use the zoom/volume hardware buttons to change the general text size. Not sure that will help you, though.
That's actually pretty decent (can't believe i didn't think too try it, lol). Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Echohead For This Useful Post:
The notes are stored in /home/user/.conboy. They are named *.note, but are plain XML, so you can edit them with a simple text editor. Use, for example, scp to copy them to your PC.
Excuse the ignorance, but that appears to require copying via xTerm, using the SCprotocol - just to get a note over to a PC? I was hoping for an "easy" way, like drag and drop or something. No?

Excuse the ignorance, but that appears to require copying via xTerm, using the SCprotocol - just to get a note over to a PC? I was hoping for an "easy" way, like drag and drop or something. No?
Well, you replied to my message regarding XML/XHTML conversion. Because of this I thought you might be interested in coding and if you're interested in this, xterm is the way to go

It looks like I misunderstood you. So what exactly do you want to achieve?

Tags
conboy, grauphel