My notification light for new emails doesn't seem to work after the update. Anybody else's. E-mail yourself and see.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Have you checked that it's still enabled? Some people have reported notification settings being changed by the update.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
You didn't think I would, did you
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7997
You are a jewel. I voted.

The place I browse most is here: I want forum pages zoomed for clicking links, threads un-zoomed for reading, and then macro-zoomed for changing pages.
While we're talking about browsing habits, here's an obvious one that desktop browsers and midori support. Midori refers to it as "hiding," but I prefer something more like "delayed focus." Simply, it's the ability to open a link in a new window or tab without leaving the page you're on. I browse this site by opening a bunch of threads, and then I read them. Going back and forth to the "New Posts" page is less than optimal, and I wrote my own browser wrapper for Maemo 4 for this very reason. But the Maemo 5 microb is really, really good, so I would rather spend my time not reinventing the wheel.

Anyway, all Maemo devices have been multi-tasking monsters; "Open link in new window" should behave like this by default to showoff some of Maemo's awesome power, in my opinion. But it's more than my opinion that this should by an option like it is in Midori. It's a simple fix that would give so much. I'll probably write it up in the next week or two, unless of course you beat me to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by ded View Post
Nope. it still keep rebooting.
Sorry ded I can't think of another way and if xavi6's idea didnt work then I would get on the phone to Nokia, they have their own dedicated N900 support team, they might be able to help

yeah, everything's checked except "phone on"

I paid 3 euros to buy Angry Birds level park 1. then I reflash my N900 and i can't reinstall levle park 1.

anyone notice the media player now keeps refusing to play files until a reboot?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
You are a jewel. I voted.

While we're talking about browsing habits, here's an obvious one that desktop browsers and midori support. Midori refers to it as "hiding," but I prefer something more like "delayed focus." Simply, it's the ability to open a link in a new window or tab without leaving the page you're on. I browse this site by opening a bunch of threads, and then I read them. Going back and forth to the "New Posts" page is less than optimal, and I wrote my own browser wrapper for Maemo 4 for this very reason. But the Maemo 5 microb is really, really good, so I would rather spend my time not reinventing the wheel.

Anyway, all Maemo devices have been multi-tasking monsters; "Open link in new window" should behave like this by default to showoff some of Maemo's awesome power, in my opinion. But it's more than my opinion that this should by an option like it is in Midori. It's a simple fix that would give so much. I'll probably write it up in the next week or two, unless of course you beat me to it.

I doubt it. Right now I'm debating where to file my request for a tiny enhancement to calendar: is it a bug, a brainstorm or a feature request? And I'm supposed to be working.

Mostly I like how MicroB works. My main issue is that the links here are about 2 pixels big in standard view, so I have to zooooooom right in to change page in a thread. I have no wish to have the next page smack me in the face in full zoom.

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2010-01-14 at 19:24.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
I paid 3 euros to buy Angry Birds level park 1. then I reflash my N900 and i can't reinstall levle park 1.
Yes, it's been removed from the repository (temporarily). Hopefully when it gets re-added you'll be able to just download it. Either way, you're best contacting the Ovi store support team about this one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mece View Post
I call shenanigans! You can't lol while holding breath!
Yes you can! I just tried.

Tags
goodbye, sad sadavyk and messus