I bought this a short while after release (it was never released in the UK, so I had to import it from Switzerland). And, wow, what a breath of fresh air!

I have tried almost all mobile OS's (including the old guard of Symbian and Windows mobile) and Meego had the potential to be the best of them. The only thing that stopped me using it as a daily driver was the annoying, terrible, stupid, easily fixed calendar bug which meant that I could never plan ahead. That bug broke my heart when I uncovered it (by double booking something in a shared calendar with my wife, and then having to cancel because the original appointment wasn't showing). It was then that I realised that, as much as I LOVED using the device, it wouldn't serve me.

It did come with me on a trip to the old BBC studios a few years back, and the camera shot some great pics of the TARDIS, and kept me in touch via mail / txt / Skype, and I ALWAYS liked pulling it out and being "different", but that wasn't enough. I needed a tool with a basic working calendar, and this wasn't it.

But I've kept it for the past couple of years, more out of respect and love than through actually needing or wanting to use it. I still get it out of the box and just stroke it because, well, it's from a different time and reminds me of a certain period of my life.

But sitting in a box is doing it no good at all. It needs to be used by someone who can appreciate it, and develop on it, and make the world a better place (OK, maybe that's wishing a bit much...).

The device is in great condition - I'd say 9/10. The metal camera lens surround has those light scratches that they all got, but other than that - it's pretty much box fresh. No marks to the camera lens. No marks to the screen. It comes with what you can see in the picture - so the original black rubbery slip case that was included in the box, the official Nokia leather slip case (which is lovely) and the very-hard-to-find (in the UK at least!) white Nokia CC-3015 plastic case (I had to import that from Germany). There are no headphones (I think I may still have them, but I don't know where) and no mains plug or USB cable. The plug was a European plug and wouldn't work in the UK. But USB cables are ubiquitous, and I'm sure that the new owner will have a USB mains adapter relevant to their territory.

I'm still in two minds whether to sell this on or keep it for nostalgia, but as I want to treat my sports motorbike to an ECU tune before some race track action when the weather gets a bit warmer, I figure that it's better that I liquidate it rather than just keep more nostalgic tech that will, ultimately, just get me shouted at by my wife (and my kids will never appreciate the beauty and simplicity of Meego in this day and age of Android and iOS).

So GBP£150 + P&P (which I'll have to look into, depending on where you are) and this watershed moment in mobile UX could be yours.

If you want more pictures / information, then please e-mail me at keelson@gmail.com and I'll answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for reading

Keef
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keefsloan For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n9, selling n9