Active Topics

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ the netherlands
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
The "rattle" sound coming from the camera area is the accelerometer I believe.
What you hear there is probably the SDcard holder.
it's normal that it rattles a bit when no card is inserted.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Drips For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by Dr. Drips View Post
What you hear there is probably the SDcard holder.
it's normal that it rattles a bit when no card is inserted.
Oh , is it normal then ?

I have the same problem , the rattling noise (metal noise) is coming from memory card holder , I haven't put a memory card inside it yet , do u have the same problem?

Cheers.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by koroviov View Post
hi all,

issue 2:

can anyone confirm a crack under the "x" and "c" characters through which light protrudes? i think its been there from day 1.
confirmed. Got a retour, it already must be on its way to daddy...

My display has a crack near the speaker. Not in the glass above the display but in the display it self, it spreads from left to the middle of the screen in very fine lines. It is like the display is under stress when I use the touchscreen the lines are spreading even more and change their color.

But Nokia says it's my fault ... and I have to pay 99€ to repair it. But I did nothing to the phone. All around it has no sign of scratches or something but the display broke ...

Last edited by MaemoUser; 2010-02-11 at 13:37.

Originally Posted by MaemoUser View Post
My display has a crack near the speaker. Not in the glass above the display but in the display it self, it spreads from left to the middle of the screen in very fine lines. It is like the display is under stress when I use the touchscreen the lines are spreading even more and change their color.

But Nokia says it's my fault ... and I have to pay 99€ to repair it. But I did nothing to the phone. All around it has no sign of scratches or something but the display broke ...
I have exactly the same problem. Hardly use the phone, Never been dropped or banged and yet the display has gone, just some bright lines across it like lightning. My old N95 lasted years with plenty of abuse and never had a problem.

This is still a new phone, only had it two months. Will be interesting to see how many other people have broken displays and how long Nokia can keep saying not their fault.

Chris

Tags
lack of quality control, shitty design