Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
I just bought a "new" N9 again, and took a whole night plugging and unplugging to get it responding to flasher (so I can charge it, and flash it with the latest firmware). Then I proceeded to boot it with `flasher -R` because the hardware buttons are not quite usable.

Now the phone is stuck at the boot screen with Nokia logo showing. it is not responding to flasher, plugging it to the charger will light up the indicator LED for a while before turning off (while the logo remains).

I tried to shut it down by long pressing the power button but it doesn't seem to work. What should I do now?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Sounds like N9 arrived with a flat battery which is hardly surprising as replacements all seem to be dated 2013; but I guess you allowed it to flash with the minimum of 11% battery showing as in a hurry, whereas it really would have been better to fully charge it first as battery of this age especially if left uncharged has diminished capacity available.

Presumably kept power button depressed for at least 10 seconds, but concerned about your statement "hardware buttons are not quite usable". Is this a re-furbished device in a new housing sourced from China?

If Nokia logo stays visible device can be in a boot loop, in which case may boot up if R & D mode enabled as here:
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...56&postcount=4

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
It's brand new, but all the buttons are not responding to press lol. Anyway what I did was I let it just run until the battery dies, and redo the flash, then everything works (except the buttons). It feels so good seeing swipe UI in action again (:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post: