Active Topics

jaark I agree with you, it was me Thundercat600 was talking about,when I called nokia retail to see were my order was they told me it was a product recall due to a failure to the screen like what the N97 was having, well I said I did not no the N97 had a screen probem, in the end because they did not sound convincing I cancled my order with them, and will await for full release, I just wish Nokia would come out and say there is a delay due to demand instead of the silence and then let companies like Nokia Retail tell well not the truth

Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
I have been trying hard to crash my N900 but no joy. This is excellent. Truly excellent device
Me too, I tried Maps, it hangs, but device didn't crash.
Could easily 'End task' on those that hangs.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Well you at least have to give MPD credit for being inventive. They seem to have a never ending list of rubish to tell their customers. Glad I went direct to Nokia.co,uk on this one.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Well you at least have to give MPD credit for being inventive. They seem to have a never ending list of rubish to tell their customers. Glad I went direct to Nokia.co,uk on this one.
lol, it's not like nokia.co.uk have a clue either.
The N900 has been "available" for a few weeks now according to Nokia and the maemo.nokia.com website.
So how come it's still on pre-order on the shop.nokia.co.uk website, and their wonderful customer service representatives haven't a clue when or if it will be available.
(Note I don't blame the customer service people, I've been there before. The complete lack of communication "nokia - connecting people" lmfao)

To answer the post, though.
For there to be a product recall there has to be a product in the first place...

Last edited by deadmalc; 2009-12-01 at 10:42. Reason: Nokia's fault not customer services

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
lol, it's not like nokia.co.uk have a clue either.
The N900 has been "available" for a few weeks now according to Nokia and the maemo.nokia.com website.
So how come it's still on pre-order on the shop.nokia.co.uk website, and their wonderful customer service representatives haven't a clue when or if it will be available.
(Note I don't blame the customer service people, I've been there before. The complete lack of communication "nokia - connecting people" lmfao)

To answer the post, though.
For there to be a product recall there has to be a product in the first place...

The N900 is out as seen by afew members on here.

The reason is still says pre-order on the store is because they are not getting enough N900's in to satisfy the exisiting preorders.

You will probably find that once all exisiting preorders have been honoured and they start getting a surplus of devices in their store then the 'Preorder' will change to 'Buy it Now'.