Notices

I fixed it.
Youtube recently changed the way it validates streaming urls, thus made some applications not working properly.
The video url requires an extra signature token (which fortunately can be extracted from the video info)
I don't know whether it's allowed to upload sources and deb files here, hope it doesn't violate any rules.
Source diff is also included.
If the author accepts it, he could make it official.
Regards.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvideo.patch.tar.gz (898 Bytes, 169 views)
File Type: gz nvideo_0.1.1fix.tar.gz (92.4 KB, 164 views)
File Type: deb nvideo_0.1.1fix_armel.deb (152.5 KB, 281 views)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GSancho For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GSancho View Post
I fixed it.
Youtube recently changed the way it validates streaming urls, thus made some applications not working properly.
The video url requires an extra signature token (which fortunately can be extracted from the video info)
I don't know whether it's allowed to upload sources and deb files here, hope it doesn't violate any rules.
Source diff is also included.
Regards.
It works BUT...you disable the comment functionality? You can't view and can't reply to comments. Pls fix and update again....thx!

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Houston, Texas
Thanks! The patch works pretty good for now.
I think the issue with no comments is because this patch downgrades the program to 0.1.1 from 0.1.3.

There is some problem with the Nvideo downloading, i can't find it anywhere or if it says that is missing ????

Yes, partthesea is right. The last version available of the source code on maemo.org is v0.1.1, in which, unfortunately, viewing comments wasn't implemented yet.
You have to wait until the author makes a fix for the latest version, or use other alternatives, for example cutetube.
Personally I don't really miss the comments, I very rarely read them.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ istanbul
GSancho !
Thank you very much friend. it is nice now

Originally Posted by khuong View Post
It's been awhile since I tossed away my n900. Though I still have nvideo source code, it may take awhile for me to recompile it because I just reinstalled my os on my computer. The error you all saw may have to do with YouTube recently code changes.
Can I ask you to reiterate: you made the project closed source and, shortly afterwards, discarded your N900, and hence motivation to maintain the project? Would you prepared to hand over maintainer rights to someone else - even if only for the last FOSS version, as opposed to the actual latest version?

Originally Posted by GSancho View Post
Regards.
... Or you could ask to become the FOSS maintainer for nVideo for the N900, if you don't mind making occasional tweaks to keep up with YouTube?

Last edited by demolition; 2012-10-21 at 16:46.

I see there is an upgrade version to 0.1.3 but it doesn't do anything. Videos are still restrictive...can only be view on Youtube site wtf. Is this supposed to work? What's the point?