Active Topics

Hi.

I am trying to add the N900 to the device list on Qt, but there is no option in Tools -> Options.

I have been googling for the past two hours and cant find anything! All the stuff I have points to Tools - Options -> Projects, but there is no option there! Also, I have Tools -> Options... -> Qt4 -> Maemo Device Configurations which again is not there.

Please could someone point me in the right direction before I break my mouse and keyboard with all the searching!

Would it be soo bad if all this stuff was held centrally on a single safe source??

Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by TheAccountant View Post
Hi.

I am trying to add the N900 to the device list on Qt, but there is no option in Tools -> Options.

I have been googling for the past two hours and cant find anything! All the stuff I have points to Tools - Options -> Projects, but there is no option there! Also, I have Tools -> Options... -> Qt4 -> Maemo Device Configurations which again is not there.

Please could someone point me in the right direction before I break my mouse and keyboard with all the searching!

Would it be soo bad if all this stuff was held centrally on a single safe source??

Thank you very much!
I assume that by Qt you mean the Qt Creator IDE. At the moment, I think, you will need the beta version of the Nokia SDK.

To add a device, use the projects button ( with a folder icon) on the left hand side toolbar between the debug and help buttons. This should bring up a menu where you can add/remove build targets including desktop, maemo, Qt Simulator (and possibly S60, depending on your OS).

The Following User Says Thank You to erwi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Are you sure you have the latest Nokia QT SDK?
http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...ia_Qt_SDK.html

If you do, then in qtcreator, click the projects icon on th left.
You should see all your build targets there. If Maemo isnt one of them then click on the "+" sign to add it.

If yo don't have a clickable "+" sign, I'd say that you either have an old version of qtcreator or your install is hosed. Re-install.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the replies guys.

I think I have the old version downloaded from http://get.qt.nokia.com/qtsdk/qt-sdk...ce-2010.03.bin

To remove it, where is the uninstaller located or can I just delete the directory?

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by TheAccountant View Post
To remove it, where is the uninstaller located or can I just delete the directory?
That's a good question, I don't have as answer for it.
If you find out tell us, so we can pass on the info to the next one who asks
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Windows: Run uninstaller from Start menu or from Add/Remove programs.
Linux: Run uninstaller from QT_INSTALL_DIR/bin.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diph For This Useful Post:
Thanks for that.

Now i can get rid of the old version! :-)