Active Topics

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
Hey guys

I folowed instructions and installed 720p support without no problem

Now it works, i can record a video in HD and DVD mode, and play it smoothly with the default mediaplayer.

But i can't play smootly any kind of video like movies 720p (mkv or avi in default profile) and neither videos downloaded from youtube using qmltube as client.

Can you help me to diagnose the problem?

d!
The qmltube downloaded videos are flashvideos (.flv) and there for these can’t be played smooth in 720p. Download in 360p and you will be able to play them. And to be honest that’s enough resolution for the N900.

As for various video-profiles, I think you can search the forum for that answer.
To be clear, the fact that you can record and "play" 720p isn’t the same as you can play everything that is 720p resolution.
And to be honest (again) who needs to play 720p on 800x480 screens? There’s no point actually.

So download qmltube videos in 360p and convert you favorite videos for a resolution as close to 800x480 as possible with a bit rate of around 1000 kbit, that will do fine.

Last edited by toxaris; 2012-02-21 at 12:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
On qutetube-qml you can also set download videos to 480p, that's what I use, no problems so far and the best quality you can get on 800x480 screen

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
On qutetube-qml you can also set download videos to 480p, that's what I use, no problems so far and the best quality you can get on 800x480 screen
It depends on the aspect.
Usually 480p on Youtube means 854x480

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Finally latest gst-dsp upstream xvimagesink playback bug was fixed, will upload new libgstdsp.so tomorrow (hopefully).
Sorry for probably stupid question, but there were no announcement after that - currently available version is new one, or there is still some bug to hammer?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I've just reflashed my N900 and I wanna apply this patch again. But I have some question:
1. Why should we remove 'gstreamer0.10-openmax' after applying this patch?
2. I've found newer version of omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti, omap3-dsp-libraries-ti, and omap3-dsp-hd-codecs from Nokia's repository. Which one should I install? Latest version or just use older version?

Last edited by AWasisto; 2012-02-29 at 02:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to AWasisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sorry for probably stupid question, but there were no announcement after that - currently available version is new one, or there is still some bug to hammer?

/Estel
Hey Estel, good to see you here again. I was beginning to be worried something bad happen to you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by AWasisto View Post
I've just reflashed my N900 and I wanna apply this patch again. But I have some question:
1. Why should we remove 'gstreamer0.10-openmax' after applying this patch?
Because all the communication with DSP is handled by gstreamer0.10-dsp. gstreamer0.10-openmax is deprecated and not compatibe with Harmattan DSP codecs.

2. I've found newer version of omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti, omap3-dsp-libraries-ti, and omap3-dsp-hd-codecs from Nokia's repository. Which one should I install? Latest version or just use older version?
Would you share which is that "newer version"

@Estel - TBH I was waiting Harmattan PR1.2 to be released to see whether there will be any new DSP codecs. And I was trying to build gst-dsp verson compatible with both Fremantle and Harmattan DSP codecs, so it could be included in CSSU(still not ready). That, along with problems(hopefully fixed) with KP50 and some additional fixes for h-d in CSSU are the reasons there is still no newer libgstdsp.so attached in the OP.

BTW the source code is commited on gitorious, If someone wants, it is a matter of git-clone and dpkg-buildpackage to build a .deb with gst-dsp 1.0.2.1(or whatever the latest was).

EDIT:
If I see the word "patch" once more in the context of this thread I will puke, for sure.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-02-29 at 12:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
typical russion
thanks for h-d "patch"
now puke

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
such an ugly,black humour Mr.seker_94.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Are you from Egypt, Mr. Seker? Your user name suggests it. If yes, we wouldn't want to state something like "typical Egyptian" regarding your (continued) ranting. Or would you like to have it that way?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player