Notices

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ South Dakota
SUCCESS! I connected via SSH only to find that my command to move the worldclock program from its worldclock folder in /usr/bin was not successful. I copied the worldclock program to my docs on my PC, deleted the worldclock folder from /usr/bin, pasted the worldclock program back into /usr/bin, reran the chmod command, and now the program is brought up via the 'clock' icon. Excellent and thank you! One final question: Is there anyway to display the worldclock continuously on one of my homescreens? Or perhaps this isn't a good idea regarding battery usage or some other reason? Thanks again very much, and excellent work! Jeff

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Finally

It should not use too much battery power, but I would opt for some kind of clock widget on one of the desktops.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Hi Ade,

Would you like to join the CSSU team and push World Clock Replacement to it?

Right now, there is lack of manpower in CSSU and they have lots of open issues so your help would be very much appreciated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Ivgalvez,

Pushing the replacement clock to the CSSU git was one of the targets when we restarted the project. If I can assist in some way, no problem.

I am not sure what my further role would be. Freemangordon was willing to do the quality control once it arrived in CSSU git.
You can always contact me via PM if things get more concrete.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Ivgalvez,

Pushing the replacement clock to the CSSU git was one of the targets when we restarted the project. If I can assist in some way, no problem.

I am not sure what my further role would be. Freemangordon was willing to do the quality control once it arrived in CSSU git.
You can always contact me via PM if things get more concrete.
@ade, doing some QA is not the same as maintaining the project, and that is what adeclock needs once in CSSU. I can bet there will be some bugs to chase, some rough edges to polish, etc. And it is much better to have someone in CSSU team who is familiar with the codebase to chase the bugs.

I think you should show some activity on #maemo-ssu at least. Along with some involvement with the project, i.e. asking CSSU maintainers to put adeclock in CSSU git, etc.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Jordan
@ ade

first of all thnx for your great work

I will be a little bit annoying with my questions

is there any chance for adding background for the portrait mode ?

can you make (adjust date and time) appear when we click the time just like the stock clock?

Both were asked&answered in this very (not so long) thread. At least few times, I must add.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ St. Petersburg, Russia
Help please, tried everything.
Reflash. I'm trying to put those hours, but they do not start. The permissions given, but it does not help. In X-Terminal : "segmentation fault"... What is it?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ St. Petersburg, Russia
In original clocks all fine... How I can load this clock?

Originally Posted by nick_stokes View Post
Help please, tried everything.
Reflash. I'm trying to put those hours, but they do not start. The permissions given, but it does not help. In X-Terminal : "segmentation fault"... What is it?
What does

Code:
ls -l /usr/bin/worldclock
give as output in x-terminal when the replacement clock is in place?

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock