Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Voted.

Thank you BlinkThinks for submitting the bug.
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rooster13 For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the votes guys!

rooster13, thank you for bringing this up to the community. I've been having this issue since January, and I thought it was just a fluke. It appears more are affected.

Let's hope this annoying bug gets fixed soon. Hopefully (emphasis) comes with PR1.2...

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2012-02-13 at 11:08.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
Thank you for the votes guys!

rooster13, thank you for bringing this up to the community. I've been having this issue since January, and I thought it was just a fluke. It appears more are affected.

Let's hope this annoying bug gets fixed soon. Hopefully (emphasis) comes with PR1.2...
No worries mate. I hope it will get fixed soon.
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

killall rssatom do the trick.

voted.

Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
A bit off topic.

And also I haven't got a clue...
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

My point was - since the rss app uses the meta.DB File to store feed data, isn't it likely that the performance of that app is related to the size of that file? also, I have some very old feed entries that are increasingly taking up more and more slots of the maximum (or at minimum being a nuisance, since they always show up at the top). There seems to be some kind of database management error that prevents them from being deleted.

Incidentally, I recall similar issues with the n900, where too many SMS messages eventually caused the database to malfunction.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
I haven't got any problem with RSS feeds, works fine for me, but it's very slow if I update all (nearly 50 feeds) in the same time.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
So I started getting this issue just recently as well, just after I updated to the most recent cutetube with feed integration. I tested it and it seems to be causing the issue, uninstalled and feeds are updating just fine after reboot.

With it still installed. I tried a simple reboot but feeds went back to hanging and not updating.

Let me know if this makes any sense, but it worked for me, if anyone can confirm it would help too

I am more than certain that its causing some conflict with the feeds.

Last edited by warrentaye; 2012-02-14 at 01:42.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I don't have Cutetube but I have the same problem, so I doubt it's Cutetube problem

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
I don't have Cutetube but I have the same problem, so I doubt it's Cutetube problem
Have you installed anything else with feed integration of any form?

I have definitely reproduced the issue using cutetube and have not had it since I uninstalled.

It could be total coincidence so just wondering if uninstalling worked for anyone else lol

Last edited by warrentaye; 2012-02-14 at 23:56.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Ayyy guys, not sure about Y'all but mine now seems to be fixed starting today.... I've tested it a couple of times and works as normal. And I didn't do anything to the phone, it somehow seems to have fixed itself! Try refreshing and see if yours is Fixed too!!