Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
This happened to me, when python launcher ****ed up. What I did was to delete the ~/.pylauncher and restart the python launcher daemon (or just reboot).

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
@qwert12

Thanks for your quick reply

I followed your suggestion and rm ~/.pylauncher then rebooted.

No change.

I uninstalled python-launcher - rebooted ..

Still won't work

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
casper27: Hmm... I've had this problem randomly appear with XP, but I couldn't figure out why or how to fix it. Does it happen every time? Or just randomly? Have you tried connecting through a computer with the official remote desktop client, and using a shared directory?

Snoshrk: Glad to hear you like it! After a bit of searching, there's only one solution I could find, so I hope it works! Run the following command as root:
Code:
chown-R user: users /home/user

@TrueJournals

Ok, I type the command exactly as written...

returns:

/bin/sh: chown-R: not found

Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
The "chown" and the "-R" is missing a space between them:
Code:
chown -R user:users /home/user

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
@qwerty12 & TrueJournals

Thank you for taking the time to hold this linux n00b's hand through this

I enter the command as qwerty12 has it and I get:

chown: /home/user/.mozilla/microb/lock: No such file or directory

Code:
chown -R user:users /home/user
Busybox's crappy chown doesn't support the -f option... You can try running it as root, dunno if it will help.
(looking at post below, I didn't know TrueJournals said to be root. Sorry.)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-01-10 at 22:28.

@qwerty

Per TrueJournals in post #193 I have been root for the whole process.

I have tried as !root as a lark -> no luck of course

I booted into flash (was booting from sd earlier) and installed both python-launcher and Pyrdesktop.

Yeah it works.

Now...
Can I copy something (dir, settings, etc) from the flash install to the External SD, then after booting the internal SD, copy from external SD to internal that would fix this?

THx

Sno

Update: Thanks for your help trying to resolve my problems!

Given the ease of PenguinBait's clone/bootmenu scripts, I gave up and re-cloned & re-installed.

Thx Snoshrk

Last edited by Snoshrk; 2009-01-11 at 22:25.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
@ Truejournals
Thanks for the response sorry I have not got back earlier.
The same thing happens everytime I log in, I go to my computer and there are only the remote drives on display. I have remoted into this PC from another and was able to see the local drives so it only seems to be an issue with the N800. Do I need to go anywhere on the tablet to say to share the cards other than the check boxes before logging into Rdesktop.

Tags
diablo, gui, rdesktop