Posts: 13 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Hi,

My N9 just went dead, it seems a battery drain. I have just changed to a new battery just a month ago, so I expect no problems from the battery as such. But it seems a nasty issue to charge N9 when battery is totally empty.

What I experience is the following: I plugin N9 to charger, it tries to start, then dies. Also the white led is sometime blinking or stays ON for few seconds, then goes dead.

Any suggestions how to bring back to life by N9?

Thanks,
M.

The Following User Says Thank You to mihaie For This Useful Post:
You could always follow this method using flasher: http://everythingn9.com/death-by-bat...arge-nokia-n9/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
You could always follow this method using flasher: http://everythingn9.com/death-by-bat...arge-nokia-n9/
Indeed, I have seen that one. Well, despite the "risk" that you play with a flasher, issue is I need a firmware, even that I would not use it in the end. This brought me to searching the correct firmware for this excersize, and I got a bit stuck. I have currently a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_001 (white, 64GBs, NEurope). If somebody can give me a link for this FW so I can use its bin, would be appreciated.

On the other hand I wonder what N9 is really trying to do. I do successive plugins to the charger and the white led stays continuously ON for ~2:30 min, after that it makes that specific sound and blinks few times, then goes OFF. I wonder if during this process any power goes into the battery and if successive attempts like this have any chance in incrementally charge the phone to the point where I can boot it? Any view?

I might have a bigger problem now... Started the flashig procedure, which is fact was intended to charge the battery only. BUT, to my surprise, the flasher mentioned 100% battery level and continued into flashing!! I aborted immediately the flashing process, not sure if any damage done as such...

Any thought on what the heck might be going on? How come N9 does not start but in the flashing process it says 100% battery? Now i might have no other choice than try to truly flash it again, so once again I appreciate a link to a correct FW for my variant. What I have used so far is 43AD05DD_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.454.6_PR_LEGACY_454_ARM_RM-696_PRD_signed.bin

P.S: the flasher indicates that I have the previous SW version, so I hope no damage done from the attempted charging through flash

Last edited by mihaie; 2015-01-10 at 12:32.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
mrcrab.net ???

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
"flasher -i" would have been much better option, as then device turns into charging mode, and there is no danger of flashing starting.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
some update no this... just took the N9 from a Nokia Care here in Espoo, they could not flash it either, but on the other hand they confirm that battery and screen are OK.

Any hints how I could flash it? As I mentioned in an initial post, flasher -i does not identify the phone anymore, after i "smartly" stoped an earlier flash...

Hi
Don't know whether you can find local mobile phone technician with ATF Nitro Box as will flash N9/950, although have not yet had to resurrect either of mine using it so not aware of it's limitations in this respect.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by mihaie View Post
... just took the N9 from a Nokia Care here in Espoo, they could not flash it either, ...
?¿?

Any hints how I could flash it? ...
Did you try a cold flash? Add parameter '-c'

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
?¿?

Did you try a cold flash? Add parameter '-c'
Can you please give me the full command for cold flash? Is
>flasher -c -F image.bin ?

Tags
cold flash, flashing n9