Notices

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Yesterday Assembly's Gamedev entries were published. I was happy when I noticed that one game had support for Nokia N900. I would like to share it with you. The game is called Black Belt Sorvi Hero and it's made by Pizzalaatikko. It's also availtable for Desktop Linux, Windows and Android. Next some information about it and how to install the game:

NOTE: This game is not made by me! I'm just sharing information about it!

Overview

Are you able to handle the difficulties of turning? Your job is to carve a given shape out of wood with a chisel. The better you match the shape and more accure job you do, the better score you will get. With earned score you can buy new faster and stronger chisels. Watch out for going too fast, as you might overheat your chisel or break the wood!

You can try to beat the high scores of other users on Internet by playing throught all the levels!

How to install

Download zip file here and follow the instructions.

To install the game to the device, copy package BlackBeltSorviHero-n900.deb and directory "data" to the device. The package does not contain the data files needed by the game and they must be copied separately. The files can be copied to "MyDocs" directory of the device for example by using an USB cable. When the device is plugged in to a computer, contents of the "MyDocs" directory is visible to the computer as the device. Copy the package and the "data" directory to the device and rename the directory to "BlackBeltSorviHero". The package can be installed with the file manager application in the device by clicking on the file. After succeful installation, an icon should appear in the
application menu.

My option about the game

The game works quite well but the camera is hard to control. Anyway it's nice to have new 3D games for N900. It's worth of trying. What do you think about it?
Guitar Chords

Last edited by TomppaS; 2011-08-04 at 19:29.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TomppaS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
is this the game ??

http://areena.yle.fi/video/1312379442169

Good to hear games from outside this community are being created for our beloved n900

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by TomppaS View Post
The game is called Black Belt Sorvi Hero and it's made by Pizzalaatikko.
Don't You just love those nicknames???

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
Originally Posted by TomppaS View Post
Yesterday Assembly's Gamedev entries were published. I was happy when I noticed that one game had support for Nokia N900. I would like to share it with you. The game is called Black Belt Sorvi Hero and it's made by Pizzalaatikko. It's also availtable for Desktop Linux, Windows and Android. Next some information about it and how to install the game:

NOTE: This game is not made by me! I'm just sharing information about it!

Overview

Are you able to handle the difficulties of turning? Your job is to carve a given shape out of wood with a chisel. The better you match the shape and more accure job you do, the better score you will get. With earned score you can buy new faster and stronger chisels. Watch out for going too fast, as you might overheat your chisel or break the wood!

You can try to beat the high scores of other users on Internet by playing throught all the levels!

How to install

Download zip file here and follow the instructions.

To install the game to the device, copy package BlackBeltSorviHero-n900.deb and directory "data" to the device. The package does not contain the data files needed by the game and they must be copied separately. The files can be copied to "MyDocs" directory of the device for example by using an USB cable. When the device is plugged in to a computer, contents of the "MyDocs" directory is visible to the computer as the device. Copy the package and the "data" directory to the device and rename the directory to "BlackBeltSorviHero". The package can be installed with the file manager application in the device by clicking on the file. After succeful installation, an icon should appear in the
application menu.

My option about the game

The game works quite well but the camera is hard to control. Anyway it's nice to have new 3D games for N900. It's worth of trying. What do you think about it?

App.Manager said me:

unable to install "BlackBeltSorviHero"
Applications packages missing : libmad0
libsdl-ttf2.0
libsdl-gles1.2-1
libgles1-sgx-img

any solution???

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sada11 View Post
App.Manager said me:

unable to install "BlackBeltSorviHero"
Applications packages missing : libmad0
libsdl-ttf2.0
libsdl-gles1.2-1
libgles1-sgx-img

any solution???
Go to terminal and type:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install libmad0 libsdl-ttf2.0 libsdl-gles1.2-1 libgles1-sgx-img
Easy! Then try again
Guitar Chords

The Following User Says Thank You to TomppaS For This Useful Post:
the link is broken..cannot be downloaded

Its broken because we have done some updates to the game. it works eaven better on mobile devices now. Here is the new link.

http://media.assembly.org/gamedev/20...2011-08-03.zip

Hopefully this is the final version
If it still changes, you should go check the assembly summer 2011 game dev list for the working link.

- Amikaze

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amikaze For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
This keeps crashing on opening.

WARNING: OpenGL 2.0 not found - shaders not available!
ERROR: Unable to load Vera.ttf

have all the gles librarys installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
You must put the data folder from the zip file to your MyDocs and rename it (the data folder) to BlackBeltSorviHero.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Cheers Mik worked a treat.
The game ooks really good but it is like nothing ive ever played before, quite hard to master.