Active Topics

I finally got epocrates running after changing my useragent string in Firefox..lol.
I also managed to find a copy of the PalmJVM so I can run mini-opera and avoid this again.

Now I have another question:
Anyone been able to sync Garnet VM b2 to a WindowsXP Virtual Machine (I use VirtualBox)? I tried USB and Wireless (tried both Laptop IP and VM NAT IP) but neither would work.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by combatdoc View Post
...I also managed to find a copy of the PalmJVM so I can run mini-opera and avoid this again.
Mind to give more details, please? Mini-opera keeps saying my JVM is not available.

TIA,

bun

I downloaded the Jvm via bit torrent, but I think it may have issues with gvm. First install gave me an error afterward "unable to connect to gvm" and reset the gvm to a blank palm. Next time it installed but mini-opera couldn't find it.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

The Following User Says Thank You to combatdoc For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the warning. In less than 48 hrs, I already soaped up my GVM pretty good to my likeness and it a fulltime job, and I do not want to risk re-install again.

bun

I wasn't sure from the posts, but what version of epocrates are you using? I am required to have the full shebang for school, and would really like to ditch my old zire72.

are you all using the free version only, or full install? if your not, do you have any understanding that would lead you te believe full install would work differently for some reason?

I want to figure these things out before I pull the trigger if possible.

Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
I wasn't sure from the posts, but what version of epocrates are you using? I am required to have the full shebang for school, and would really like to ditch my old zire72.

are you all using the free version only, or full install? if your not, do you have any understanding that would lead you te believe full install would work differently for some reason?

I want to figure these things out before I pull the trigger if possible.
I paid with my hard earned $ and used the full version 3 years ago. Then I want to save $ and stopped paying and has since switched to the basic version. I now have the basic version, FREE, installed in GVM. Switching from the paid Full version to the now FREE basic version, the ONLY difference I noticed is I am $49.95 richer.

bun

Anyone know how to keep epocrates from disappearing completely after I've installed it? I go through the whole 20 minute ordeal of installing it, then when I exit garnet and come back to it, epocrates has completely disappeared, making me have to re-install it every time. I figure I must be doing something wrong.

dunno...haven't had that particular problem. is it only deleting garnet, or all of the programs you've installed? garnet has the nasty habit of crashing and deleting everything if you run a program it doesn't like. i back up the file ~/.gvm/.gvm_store (or something like that) to an sd card once i get everything like i like. when it crashes, you can just copy your backup back to the .gvm directory.

The Following User Says Thank You to nola mike For This Useful Post:
Did any of you successfully receive setup.prc? I only have the n800 and no palm so I would love it if someone sent it to me as well. Any help is appreciated!

did you follow my instructions from this thread in 5/08?

Tags
garnet, palm