Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
I cannot believe the response on this forum. This is madness. I have donated thousands of dollars to devs and to the coding contest here and everyone wants to think I am a thief for taking half of the shipping cost (which was 35 dollars by the way) and giving away my 800 dollar phone. UPS is an hour drive from my house and I have not had the time to go to ship it yet. The only person that has not complained has been Cepi. I admire his patience and that's why he deserves my phone. Be ashamed of yourselves all of you.
Thanks for the reply.

What I didn't understand is that you just didn't reply to my mails/pm's.

I did get one PM/Mail from that you were going to send it the weekend. (a couple weeks ago) But after that, no word came from you, even after trying to contact you a couple times.

(But I see that you do lurk here on tmo once in a while...)
This is letting people to think that this was a scam indeed.

I'm glad that you're still considering to send the device.

On a side note: Doesn't UPS pick up packages at home?
(At least they do here in the Netherlands)

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
... If someone provide shipping costs, right?
Wrong.

-----

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Thanks for the reply.

What I didn't understand is that you just didn't reply to my mails/pm's.

I did get one PM/Mail from that you were going to send it the weekend. (a couple weeks ago) But after that, no word came from you, even after trying to contact you a couple times.

(But I see that you do lurk here on tmo once in a while...)
This is letting people to think that this was a scam indeed.

I'm glad that you're still considering to send the device.

On a side note: Doesn't UPS pick up packages at home?
(At least they do here in the Netherlands)
UPS will only pick up packages at my home in the States if a shipping label has already been created. It is my understanding that labels can only be created here if you have an account, software, and a scale. I have been in contact with Cepi with updates and I informed you of this as well. I am not still considering anything. It is a done deal. There was nothing to consider. I said to everyone be patient. That is all that needs to be said.

Last edited by justadude; 2014-05-09 at 16:54.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
UPS will only pick up packages at my home in the States if a shipping label has already been created. It is my understanding that labels can only be created here if you have an account, software, and a scale. I have been in contact with Cepi with updates and I informed you of this as well. I am not still considering anything. It is a done deal. There was nothing to consider. I said to everyone be patient. That is all that needs to be said.
Sounds great!

Let' me just say this while we are waiting:

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-05-09 at 17:00.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I just heard that the package has been shipped already
Thank you!!!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Thanks justadude!
And htheb for sustainability.

Shame on all the backbiters...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Got a message from Matias, https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...=CW802395767US

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Thanks justadude!
Indeed!

Shame on all the backbiters...
Well, there a fitting Chinese proverb. Loosely translated, the appearance of being honest is just as important as being honest.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Indeed!

Well, there a fitting Chinese proverb. Loosely translated, the appearance of being honest is just as important as being honest.
I disagree. Being honest is more important that appearing honest. What a terrible sentiment.

Yes, I had already shipped out the phone to cepi. I even sent him a P.M telling him that I am happy he did not complain to me about the time it took me to ship out the phone and changed my donation to him by giving him my brand new N9. As mature as I thought most of you were on this forum, I am without a doubt second guessing that opinion. There are a few who never doubted me and I am grateful for that, but some of the Devs here that received handsome donations from me showed otherwise. I hope this matter gets put to rest.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post: