Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
the glib object loop is "autostarted" via Qt...

i not seed any new mail

The Following User Says Thank You to rlinfati For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rlinfati View Post
the glib object loop is "autostarted" via Qt...

i not seed any new mail
Ahhhhhhh.

The problem fixed when I changed:
Code:
QCoreApplication app(argc, argv);
to:
Code:
QApplication app(argc, argv);
I was plagued with this problem whole week.
And the solution was so easy.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Yet it would be nice if it would be possible to use QCoreApplication and start glib event loop manually for those who write cli applications.

Originally Posted by yerga View Post
Check the PDF in this page: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...velopers_Guide

Chapter 5.1: Using Maemo APIs in Qt applications - Liblocation
The example that comes there is with Gtk though (weird thing being Qt documentation).

Is there a newer version of that pdf or a better Qt developer guide? I went through chapters 1 and 2, and for some reason created deb doesn't have a binary inside. While reading the guide I noticed some inconsistencies.

Maybe it's because of newer SDK, but the content of generated rules file is very different and APPNAME variable not used in it.

Then this uuencode tool...works weird. With the following command:
uuencode -m icon-26x26.png > icon-26x26.base64
it just gets stuck, waiting for input? who knows. Had to do it like this:
uuencode -m icon-26x26.png foo > icon-26x26.base64
I copy-pasted the content into control file, and received a complaint later:
dpkg-genchanges: warning: unknown information field `Xb-Maemo-Icon-26' in input data in package's section of control info file
Huh?

Next, nothing said about iconxpm icon26 icon40 icon64 icons creation, for the author it seemed to be too obvious to talk about.

And finally, after dpkg-buildpackage I've got a deb package of 3kb size. What's inside:

./usr
./usr/share
./usr/share/doc
./usr/share/doc/qscroll-test
./usr/share/doc/qscroll-test/copyright
./usr/share/doc/qscroll-test/changelog.Debian.gz
./usr/share/doc/qscroll-test/README.Debian
./usr/bin
./usr/sbin

Even no .desktop file there. From the build logs everything looks ok, except Xb-Maemo-Icon-26 complaint. I have never done deb packaging before, so I'm quite lost

Originally Posted by sph View Post
Is there a newer version of that pdf or a better Qt developer guide? I went through chapters 1 and 2, and for some reason created deb doesn't have a binary inside.
Find a good packaging guide for Qt in the wiki.

Then this uuencode tool...works weird. With the following command:
uuencode -m icon-26x26.png > icon-26x26.base64
it just gets stuck, waiting for input? who knows. Had to do it like this:
uuencode -m icon-26x26.png foo > icon-26x26.base64
The right command is:

Code:
uuencode -m <name of 48x48 image> <name of 48x48 image> > <name of 48x48 image>.base64

I copy-pasted the content into control file, and received a complaint later:
dpkg-genchanges: warning: unknown information field `Xb-Maemo-Icon-26' in input data in package's section of control info file
Huh?
The field is called 'XB-Maemo-Icon-26'.

Next, nothing said about iconxpm icon26 icon40 icon64 icons creation, for the author it seemed to be too obvious to talk about.

And finally, after dpkg-buildpackage I've got a deb package of 3kb size. What's inside:

./usr
./usr/share
./usr/share/doc
./usr/share/doc/qscroll-test
./usr/share/doc/qscroll-test/copyright
./usr/share/doc/qscroll-test/changelog.Debian.gz
./usr/share/doc/qscroll-test/README.Debian
./usr/bin
./usr/sbin

Even no .desktop file there. From the build logs everything looks ok, except Xb-Maemo-Icon-26 complaint. I have never done deb packaging before, so I'm quite lost
Do you have the sources somewhere? The easiest thing is to do that with the help of the project file and Qt itself. Please consider therefore the packaging guide I mentioned above. Without knowing how your rules & project file look like, is it hard to figure out what is going wrong here.

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
Find a good packaging guide for Qt in the wiki.
Thanks, I will read it.

The right command is:

Code:
uuencode -m <name of 48x48 image> <name of 48x48 image> > <name of 48x48 image>.base64
<name of 48x48 image> two times? Makes no sense.

The field is called 'XB-Maemo-Icon-26'.
I didn't misspell XB with Xb, but it may look so from the warning. I don't know why.

Do you have the sources somewhere? The easiest thing is to do that with the help of the project file and Qt itself. Please consider therefore the packaging guide I mentioned above. Without knowing how your rules & project file look like, is it hard to figure out what is going wrong here.
Nowhere yet I will read the packaging guide you gave and then if still have problems I will share the sources. I was going to do so after I finish with packaging. That's a scroll performance test, something that bothers me from the beginning. Every scroll area in maemo is slow as hell when scrolling. I did a simple app with a single qt scroll area which is blazingly so much faster. I wish I knew how to get a FPS counter to make a comparison.

Makes no sense.
Have a look here

I didn't misspell XB with Xb, but it may look so from the warning. I don't know why.
It is an extension field, according to the debian policy. Might be that a warning is thrown, because it is a non-standard field.

Nowhere yet I will read the packaging guide you gave and then if still have problems I will share the sources.
Ok, that sounds good. Let us know if you need more infos.

Daniel

Maybe also look at http://qtmapper.garage.maemo.org/. I've not looked at it much, it seems to be getting the GPS data from a serial port somehow (how does the gtk version talked about in this thread work at the low level?). From what I can see, you can include the stuff from QtMapper, and you can then just create a QObject, and get GPS details with its accessor methods.

Edit: It strikes me that there should really be some sort of provision in Qt for things like camera, GPS, etc, especially with Qt becoming the default UI Maemo/Meego. Having to access GPS by serial port is fine if it works, but it's not something that lends itself to cross-platform/device situations: that's the kind of thing that should be handled by the Qt API, providing a nice interface to the underlying device-dependent stuff.

Edit 2: D'oh, I fail so bad: QtMobility

Last edited by StewartHolmes; 2010-02-16 at 16:05.

Tags
glib, qtlib