Notices

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by mattiasbäx View Post
Where should i save the .deb file in order to get "dpkg -i reverstris-lite_0.1_armel.deb" working? I got error msg when i tried it
I copied it to MyDocs. Then in terminal I used:
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
dpkg -i reverstris-lite_0.1_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by mattiasbäx View Post
Where should i save the .deb file in order to get "dpkg -i reverstris-lite_0.1_armel.deb" working? I got error msg when i tried it
wherever you want. The point is that you have to be in that directory when executing dpkg -i.
Example above is probably the most common but it really doesn't matter.

@ TheBurek
many thanks for this. I tried it now and it looks very addictive and promising. And overall appearance is nice.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
It didn't remember settings the settings or scores for me. Make sure the deb gives the right permissions for save files.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Does this behave well with /opt/ and all that even though its originally for Android and whatnot?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
It's developed for SDL, not Androd, not Windows, nor Maemo It's very simple on the surface, game just needs a directory for itself with write permisions so it can read its archives and save settings and some caches. And the DEB jj0 made puts the stuff in opt, if that's what you're asking. It can sit anywhere you want, it just needs write, and obviously, execute permissions.

great game! runs really smooth on my N900 at 850MHz. had no problems with the deb, app manager wouldn't take it, but with dpkg -i it worked good.
have played three rounds, still only got to lvl 2, perhaps it is a little hard, perhaps I'm bad =o)

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I had to do "chown user:users /opt/reverstris-lite" because the owner and group were set to 1000:1000 so the game didn't have saving permissions unless run as root. Could the owners be fixed in postinst or the deb filesystem?

The Following User Says Thank You to Zas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zas View Post
I had to do "chown user:users /opt/reverstris-lite" because the owner and group were set to 1000:1000 so the game didn't have saving permissions unless run as root. Could the owners be fixed in postinst or the deb filesystem?
Is this done in xterminal?

sudo gainroot
chown user:users /opt/reverstris-lite

?

Originally Posted by Zas View Post
Thanks for this finding.

I've fixed it in original deb and reuploaded.

i have the icon in the menu but its the blank blue one with no image

Tags
bada rox, games, reverstris