Notices

good to read that stockona will not die

A how-to video for local portfolio editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMWq6XImHrA

Hi,

I don't know if you've got my messages, but there is a problem with implementation on the 808 Pureview. Once installed the app works the first time, then even with the paid version, the second time onwards using it, it fails.

Please could you check into this.

Thanks,

Patrick

Originally Posted by Patrickcctx View Post
Hi,

I don't know if you've got my messages, but there is a problem with implementation on the 808 Pureview. Once installed the app works the first time, then even with the paid version, the second time onwards using it, it fails.

Please could you check into this.

Thanks,

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for reporting. I did see your comments on Nokia Store but have no way to reach out to you.

Can you let me know after you click the icon, does the running indicator shows up on the top-left corner of the icon?

Just a friendly reminder to Stockona users:

Google will terminate Finance API on Oct 25, and Google portfolio will no longer works afterwards. For Harmattan and Symbian users, this means you need to set "Bypass Google login" to continue using Stockona. A future update will eliminate Google authentication. For Maemo 5 users, unfortunately this will be the end of the road since I didn't implement local portfolio feature in Maemo 5's version.

I am aware there is an app to run Harmattan app on Maemo 5 and Qt component for fremantle. My N900 died so I cannot test them myself, but I am open to provide the necessary support for people to experiment with those options. If you are interested, PM me.

Thanks again for using Stockona, and as always feedback are welcomed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Hi sony123,

I really like stockona, it's a great app. Thanks for your hard work.

I think I found a bug, so I'd like to report it. While editing your portfolio you can add stocks and enter the amount of shares and the 'price per share'. So far everything is fine but if I want to enter the price, I can't enter decimal values (e.g. 5.50). Maybe this is related to the fact, that for me (N9, german language) the keyboard only shows a comma (,) as a decimal separator and stockona expects a full stop?
After entering 5,50 for examle, and pressing save it shows "Buy @ NaN".

Edit: Changing keyboard layout to "swype" at least enables you to input fullstops instead of commas only. So issue fixed

And one more thing: Is ist possible to localize stockona? I think it would be nice to have your native language available . As for me I could help to translate stockona to german.

Best regards
Fredson

Last edited by fredson; 2012-10-25 at 17:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to fredson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fredson View Post
Hi sony123,

I really like stockona, it's a great app. Thanks for your hard work.

I think I found a bug, so I'd like to report it. While editing your portfolio you can add stocks and enter the amount of shares and the 'price per share'. So far everything is fine but if I want to enter the price, I can't enter decimal values (e.g. 5.50). Maybe this is related to the fact, that for me (N9, german language) the keyboard only shows a comma (,) as a decimal separator and stockona expects a full stop?
After entering 5,50 for examle, and pressing save it shows "Buy @ NaN".

Edit: Changing keyboard layout to "swype" at least enables you to input fullstops instead of commas only. So issue fixed

And one more thing: Is ist possible to localize stockona? I think it would be nice to have your native language available . As for me I could help to translate stockona to german.

Best regards
Fredson
Thanks for the feedback!
Yes, the app expects a dot for fractional numbers. The issue is an easy-fix, I will add a function to convert comma to dot.

For localization, sure I will look into this. Actually, I should have done this but keep pushing it off.... I will post here when I am ready to take the translation files.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Just a friendly reminder to Stockona users:

Google will terminate Finance API on Oct 25, and Google portfolio will no longer works afterwards. For Harmattan and Symbian users, this means you need to set "Bypass Google login" to continue using Stockona. A future update will eliminate Google authentication. For Maemo 5 users, unfortunately this will be the end of the road since I didn't implement local portfolio feature in Maemo 5's version.

I am aware there is an app to run Harmattan app on Maemo 5 and Qt component for fremantle. My N900 died so I cannot test them myself, but I am open to provide the necessary support for people to experiment with those options. If you are interested, PM me.

Thanks again for using Stockona, and as always feedback are welcomed.
For whatever reasons, I am still able to login to Google and see my Google portfolios...

I am glad to announce that Stockona is ready for localization and welcome users' contributions. Currently, I only have traditional Chinese done. If you feel like helping with other languages, contact me by PM or stockona@ovi.com.

You will need Qt Linguist from Qt SDK to do the translation. Thanks in advance!

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Hi!

First of all, thanks for the great app! I immediately purchased the pro version! Is it possible to select the portfolio which is shown by default? Right now I've set up stockona to show the portfolio view after starting. However, it always shows the first portfolio. Is there any way to select a certain portfolio to be shown to default? Or is out possible to change the order of the portfolios?

The Following User Says Thank You to meegofan For This Useful Post: