Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
According to reference number, my Jolla was picked on Friday 13th and departed France 1.5 days ago. Called FedEx here and they told me that the package hasn't yet arrived, because the import was cancelled. Does someone know what exactly this cancelled status means?

it means nothing, the opposite! and is on its way to you basically

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
According to reference number, my Jolla was picked on Friday 13th and departed France 1.5 days ago. Called FedEx here and they told me that the package hasn't yet arrived, because the import was cancelled. Does someone know what exactly this cancelled status means?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Here's one:

http://www.digitoday.fi/vimpaimet/20...a/201316303/66
Than you, altough that was not specifically what I asked.

Actually that article talked about time before the Jolla/DNA launch gala, how some people were pissed off that somebody was getting their device from the launch event before they were mailed to preorderers.

I was actually asking if there is any "bad press" from today, now that the devices are for sale and being distributed...

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
A few people have had erraneous "order cancelled" messages that sorted themselves out in time. I don't recall anyone having "import cancelled"? Anyway, it is possible it will sort itself out automatically.

I recommend reading back a few pages, there was talk of these cancellations then.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
Damn, I shouldn't have left the house today... Just found a note from FedEx that they tried to deliver my Jolla...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duesselschorsch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
A few people have had erraneous "order cancelled" messages that sorted themselves out in time. I don't recall anyone having "import cancelled"? Anyway, it is possible it will sort itself out automatically.

I recommend reading back a few pages, there was talk of these cancellations then.
Import cancelled was a loose translation by me as I assume the issue is the same as the rest of the cancelled packages. The girl on the phone literally said "отказан внос", which may be better translated as "import denied". However she also said that the package will still arrive, only later.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Than you, altough that was not specifically what I asked.

Actually that article talked about time before the Jolla/DNA launch gala, how some people were pissed off that somebody was getting their device from the launch event before they were mailed to preorderers.

I was actually asking if there is any "bad press" from today, now that the devices are for sale and being distributed...
Like I said in that post, most "bad press" has been forum/blogosphere opinion, not necessarily print media. I think there may have been other print stories too, but I don't recall where.

I think overall the biggest issue with Jolla has been failure to communicate. People are very understanding and forgiving of issues when you are open with them, but Jolla wasn't. This happened already before the DNA sales started, when everything was left very vague (I guess to keep their options open) and then they kept this up far too long for their own good in my opinion.

Opening up earlier with upbeat (no need to pull anyone under the keel), but timely, actually informative progress reports would have been a wise thing to do in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ UK/Greece
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
FYI mine has just been delivered about 5 minutes ago, and my order status is still "In Picking"! My order number is 648.
Riiiight! So since I am 647, I should have a parcel waiting for me at home!!!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Yay! That works. And, as anticipated slightly earlier, it turns out that they attempted delivery this morning when of course no-one was home, and took it away again.

So, good, positive news that it is in country, but still a bit annoyed about the way this has been handled.
That's fedex fo you. Or DP. Or just about any courier, it has happened to me a lots of times, they come on knocking to your door and if you happen to be out thy just leave... sometimes even without leaving a note!

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That's fedex fo you. Or DP. Or just about any courier, it has happened to me a lots of times, they come on knocking to your door and if you happen to be out thy just leave... sometimes even without leaving a note!
Oh, I know how it works. Very familiar with DHL and FedEx deliveries. My point is that if I'd known the item was actually going to be delivered (i.e. being emailed a tracking number or at least being given the info that I could track by my Jolla order number) I would have made sure someone was at home to receive it.

The FedEx customer service rep I contacted to arrange redelivery tomorrow managed to give the impression that it was somehow my fault that I hadn't been at home to take delivery ...

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post: