Originally Posted by shubell View Post
I just ordered one scud battery here
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...630196561.html

Will se how it works. It is said that it is a 1500mah
I jsut ordered from them as well, lets see how long this takes .... 15-26 days with 7 day order processing .... sheesh!!!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sadly, impossible, due to physical constraints of energy amount, that you can store in given volume of space, using LiIon technology. That is why I've called it hoax.

Honestly, I'm not much interested in buying another, unchecked battery - especially, if it advertise 2050 mAh, which usually means "stay away"... But, of course, you're absolutely free to perform on-device measurements, as I've suggested in my last post. It's not only free, but it's *more* than free - in fact, while doing so, you would educate yourself quite a much about some internals of your device (and it's usage) and system. All gain...

/Estel
I don't know how to perform the on-device measurements even with directions so i am not going to try it. As for the battery being a hoax, i am not sure what you mean by hoax. I am not trying to proven anything. All i know is i am getting 2x or 3x longer usage than my stock battery and the Desktop Command Execution Widget show up at 680mAh.

Originally Posted by shady View Post
I jsut ordered from them as well, lets see how long this takes .... 15-26 days with 7 day order processing .... sheesh!!!
$20??? LOL....waste of money imo. With $20 i can get FOUR of the battery of the one i mentioned in early post and who knows maybe the battery i bought is the same quality as SCUD because it sure last hella long to me. Although i don't know how to measure the actual mAh, but base on experience, this sucker last pretty long.

Sure, and for that money you could buy 20 3V coin batteries. But how it is related?

The thing behind having most-capacity battery, is that you don't need to stop everything you're doing/turn device off/replace battery/turn it off/re-start everything. Of course, it also means, that you don't need to carry 43242 replacement batteries with you.
---

I have idea for DIY belt, containing 10+ batteries, connected in parallel, with port for charging devices via USB. Of course, for that idea, I'm going to use batteries with best capacity/price ratio. But, for one (dual)_ sitting inside device, I want max capacity. Especially, that every difference in capacity is doubled, when using dual battery.

difference between 1500 mAh and 1200 mAh one, when dual'ed, is 600 mAh - it's half of standard, single N900's battery. That is something, after all.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I want to test out this battery.

It's in my phone now and I'm still waiting on it to be fully drained so that I can charge it.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by WeASeL... View Post
I want to test out this battery.

It's in my phone now and I'm still waiting on it to be fully drained so that I can charge it.
I already tested a "gold" battery, they are ALL crap, sorry
I actually tested quite a few of them for various phones, not just for the N900 (BL-5J)

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Of course, no reasons, why he couldn't test it in own device, via method described in my signature I wouldn't expect good capacity too, though.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Of course, no reasons, why he couldn't test it in own device, via method described in my signature I wouldn't expect good capacity too, though.

/Estel
Yes of course, no problem with that at all.

Im just not going to test one more gold battery, been there (several times) done that, they are all fake and also off poor build quality, even even worse sometimes they cost up to 100$, guess the price is to seem legit, that is until you find out how bad they are....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
, even even worse sometimes they cost up to 100$,
W-h-haat?!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Just calibrated my new 'polarcell', it came in at 1540mAh!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc