Hello, after using a Blackberry case (very nice and elegant), decide to stop using it because of the magnet. I was looking for a nice pouch or case, and I found at ebay a Golla case, nice, perfect size, and cheap.

Not as elegant as the leather case, but it seems to be a keeper.

Greets.
Attached Images

I use the cp-321 for my n900

any feedback regarding PDair Ultra Clear Screen Protector?

Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
I've used a myriad of screen protectors/covers/shields/bags, can't really say I've been super satisfied with any of them. My first was a full coverage kit from Zagg's Invisible Shield, which looked like absolute crap. I moved to a Vikuiti DQC-160, then to a Vikuiti ARMR200. I loved the ARMR200, but both it and the DQC-160 would bubble up right around the rim of the screen, regardless of how they were placed or how cleanly they were installed (performed the installs in a steamed bathroom while wearing nitrile gloves). Obviously upset about spending that much money for something that looked like crap over time, I took the ARMR200 off and got a tiny (but completely disheartening) scratch on the upper left of my N900's digitizer panel. I could replace the panel for around $40 USD, which I might do at some point in the future. However, a friend of mine with an iphone 3GS (ew) had tons of scratches on his device, stuck on a Phantom Skinz, and it looked brand new again. With this in mind, I used a discount code and got a full coverage matte finish Phantom Skinz kit for a little over $20 USD with priority shipping. Looking forward to seeing how well this kit stands up to the rest, as I LOVED the matte finish on the ARMR200.

Will post pictures and results when my Phantom Skinz kit arrives and I apply it. For the meantime I've been keeping my N900 in an inexpensive Golla bag I got off ebay for $4 shipped. Does a great job for what it cost me, and looks cool too. I usually clip mine on my laptop bag or on my backpack whenever I'm travelling or when I'm heading to work.

I use a generic T mobile leather case that fits it perfectly and have two button to close the flap instead of the magnets that most case uses. I'll recomend it for the N900

Name:  20100709_001.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  20100709_002.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  23.1 KB

Name:  20100709_004.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  21.6 KB

yesterday i ordered a case for my phone and a screen protector, today i scrached my phone while i had it in my pocket, HOW MUCH THAT SUX??? is like the universe punishing me for buying the case, plus the pdair mail says they take up to 20 working days...

When I realized that my N900 was about the same size and shape as a small digital camera, I went looking for digital camera cases that would fit. The one I wound up getting is the Lowepro Volta 20:

http://www.lowepro.com/about-us/news...a-pouch-series
http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Volta-.../dp/B0029EB3OC

Padded interior, has a belt loop and a thin internal pocket. I'm pretty happy with it. I was using it with one of those Amzer silicone + polycarbonate protectors for awhile, but as others have noted, this made the camera case a tighter fit, and eventually one of the plastic tabs holding the protector on the N900 broke. So now I just keep the bare N900 in the camera case and hope that it doesn't jump out of my hands when I have it out of the case!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Detroit, MI
I use Otterbox Commuter Series case on my N900 which is really nice and rugged but gives some extra bulk to already thick device. So it's somehow not pocket friendly enough. Thanks to previous poster on this thread pointing me to Nite Ize products. I found two nice vertical rugged pouches on their website, compatible with N900 in Otterbox case. They are available in nylon or oilskin(medium). Nylon is available with both velcro and magnetic closures, while oilskin only velcro. The fit is somehow tight but very secure. Build quality is nice. There is also Clip Case Sideways(horizontal) available which was reported compatible earlier(I can't confirm it's compatibility with Otterbox case installed).
Vertical nylon case available at amazon.com for $12.99.
Here is the picture of the N900 in Otterbox case inside the Nite Ize pouch:

I'd like to add to ANYONE looking for a screen protector i seriously suggest going for a CLEARPROTECTOR (Ebay it)!

Its basically this insanely strong clear protector which is made from the same stuff used by the military to coat helicopter blades. Before i got mine i went through around 12 cheap screen protectors, cos they would scratch themselves so its effectively useless. Then i bought this one, admittedly it cost around £7, (pack of 6 cheap ones is like £2) but iv had this one for over a month now and not a single scratch, no bubbles no nothing and i dont have a case!!

Oh and the cut around the camera and proximity sensor is very very good!! And the touch input is just as good with no change to screen brightness at all!!

Im just saying its worth a shot i guess this is a good place to share my experiences with this screen protector after having all the other ones give me such a nightmare!!

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by arcticrobot View Post
I use Otterbox Commuter Series case on my N900...
YES! Someone got it! Hey, would you mind putting up some pics of how the N900 looks in it? And what's rubber and whats solid hard plastic? I didnt quite get it by doing the reading on otterbox.com. And since shipping to europe costs a fortune atop the already pricey case well, I'd like to know what I buy before I buy...

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector