Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
Maybe I am a total noob but I have question for you:

1. How can I make playlist? I cant find a way, it's the most terrible player I have ever see... otherwise I can get the total shuffle in a 30$ ipod.

2. Is there anyway to control music with the headset? This is a basic feature...

3. What is wrong with the desktop widget... slow as a turtle...

Any info will be appreciated, THX

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
Maybe I am a total noob but I have question for you:

1. How can I make playlist? I cant find a way, it's the most terrible player I have ever see... otherwise I can get the total shuffle in a 30$ ipod.

2. Is there anyway to control music with the headset? This is a basic feature...

Any info will be appreciated, THX
1) Select the songs you want to have in the playlist and hit play. The selected songs will be in the playlist.

2) Yes with a bluetooth headset

3) Not a problem here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Send me your N900 and i'll check it out for you..

On a serious note though, you can always download a different media player for your N900, there are a bunch of them out there right now.. search for them here on the forum..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:

Personally I think the media player in Maemo is fine, just like that with the iPod, one just has to embrace the logic in which Maemo works and so far it seems quite intuitive for me - different from the iPod of course. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement of course. For example, I agree it would could to be able to create a playlist from the playlist list directly.

1. Click the header while listening to music and click save playlist to start. You can then add new songs to it, for example, by clicking a song title in a list until a context menu appears that allows you to add it to the list - or you could do this from the title menu to add all songs in an album for example. "Total shuffle" you can get from the media player main menu.

2. According to the manual physical controls in headsets are not supported as the third connector is used for video out apparently. I guess the Bluetooth ones would work. I agree this is something that needs changing when Maemo goes mainstream! For a mobile computer, though, I don't mind - I never used remote with iPod touch either personally.

3. What is slow with the desktop widget in your phone? Seems OK to me. I think the updating frequency of the equalizer is quite lax, though.

Hope this helps some.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iJanne For This Useful Post:
I just cant do it... Everytime a select a single song all the library comes into the player... I am so fed up... I feel very stupid right now...

Pls pls tell me an other player i can download...

Is Canola out for Maemo 5 as yet ? Anybody can confirm ?

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
try long pressing over items in the library views: 'Add to current playlist'.

The Following User Says Thank You to ragnar For This Useful Post:
@ Ragnar

When I select a single track all the library goes in the Now Playing screen so I cant save the playlist....
Am I stupid or am I just doing something wrong?

Originally Posted by Endri View Post
The media player will load m3u playlists. As i have all my media organised in separate directories I have found the best way to generate these on the device is to fire up the xterm and use find.
Code:
find / -name "*.mp3" > playlist.m3u
All it takes is a regex to get the music i want into a playlist. The playlist can then be loaded from the media player UI (Music->Menu->Playlists). All in all this is a long winded way to say that the playlist management in the media player sucks so badly I don't use it.

Putting aside the media player in theory the mafw layer provides a very rich tool set for third party applications to access the media library and create playlists. It will be interesting to see if anyone decides to try and hook into these and actually create a good playlist tool.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LES.. For This Useful Post: