Notices

I'm listening to Sirius streaming online audio on my n800 without running any server on my desktop. I'm using the python script Sipie in particular this verizon of the script: http://eli.criffield.net/sipie/backup/1178140820.sipie
The script utilizes mplayer for decoding the sirius stream. I did a little hacking on the script to get it to work. The stream seems to be too high bitrate and there is a little skipping in the decoding but it has great potential. I'm looking for some advice from someone who knows more about the n800 platform - maybe some mplayer streaming options need optimized.

The Following User Says Thank You to m00s3computer For This Useful Post:
I am a total novice so I cannot assist with development, but I would certainly contribute money to making sirius available on the n800. Sirius has been a major reason that I could not get away from my pocket pc in favor of the n800. If sirius were available on the n800, that would be AWESOME!

Oh - can you please tell me what I need to do to make this work on my n800?

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I will buy sirius for a year for any developer that wants to make this happen.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I will buy sirius for a year for any developer that wants to make this happen.
I'll chip in on a radio.

I think there are probably lots of folks here who would love to see a Sirius app for the N800.

I will do my best to recall what I installed on my n800 to get a choppy sirius stream.

Apps to install:
xterm
mplayer
pymaemo

Python scripts to install:
sipie
BeautifulSoup
getpass

Mplayer options in sipie script:
mplayer -really-quiet -nojoystick -nolirc -user-agent NSPlayer -nomouseinput -ac dspmp3 -ao gst -cache 1024 -playlist

Any suggestions for myplayer options for a sirius stream on an n800?

Ok, I played some more and now have it working. No more skipping audio, even when browsing the web!

Using these options:
mplayer -really-quiet -nojoystick -nolirc -user-agent NSPlayer -nomouseinput -ao gst -cache 32 -playlist

These options are set in .sipie/config - this in is where my error lied I was editing the Sipie.py script and the config file's options were overiding the script. Luckily the script developer had some debuging which I turned on and magically it became all too clear my error.

There is no working GUI at this point. I really don't have the time at the moment to make this into a proper maemo package.

Good Job!
Now I just need to figure out what you did....
Thanks for the update.

Originally Posted by m00s3computer View Post
I will do my best to recall what I installed on my n800 to get a choppy sirius stream.

Apps to install:
xterm
mplayer
pymaemo

Python scripts to install:
sipie
BeautifulSoup
getpass

Mplayer options in sipie script:
mplayer -really-quiet -nojoystick -nolirc -user-agent NSPlayer -nomouseinput -ac dspmp3 -ao gst -cache 1024 -playlist

Any suggestions for myplayer options for a sirius stream on an n800?
This may be a stupid question...but what and where are the BeautifulSoup and getpass scripts?
Also how do I go about implementing all this???

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Greensboro, NC
Not a stupid question as far as I am concerned and a web search yields this:

"Beautiful Soup is a Python HTML/XML parser designed for quick turnaround projects like screen-scraping."
from http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/
(maybe for extracting info/links from Sirius site?)

"getpass - portable password input"
from http://www.python.org/doc/current/li...e-getpass.html
(probably for applying your password to a Sirius site)

Just guesses on my part but I too am anxiously following this thread with an aim toward accessing Sirius streams on my N800.