Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by mpurtone View Post
My phone is an unmodified N9 (PR1.3) and I have N9 RepoMirror installed. Developer mode is not installed and I can't install it now because the official repositories are offline.
The action queue is:
1) Install N9 RepoMirror (this enables extra repositories to replace official ones, which are offline now).
2) Enable developer mode via phone settings
3) Install warehouse with warehouse installer, or directly with warehouse package.

"Rejected ..." errors means, that either openrepos-source-policy package haven't been installed, or 'openrepos-basil' repository info haven't been fetched.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
I uninstalled Warehouse installer and N9 RepoMirror, rebooted and then re-installed N9 RepoMirror. Tried to activate developer mode from settings but it still fails at the download step:
Download failed
developer-mode
Cant complete the download.
Connection to the application provider was lost. Try again later.

I uninstalled Warehouse installer and N9 RepoMirror, rebooted and then re-installed N9 RepoMirror. Tried to activate developer mode from settings but it still fails at the download step:
Please wait till weekend, when I will be able to interact with my N9. Seems like something wrong with repomirror package, or it does not provide all needed repository paths.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Hi,

This is what I have in /etc/apt/source.list.d :
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 222 Jul 15 2012 aegis.ssu-keyring-001.list
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 479 Apr 17 15:41 n9repomirror.list
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 87 May 19 18:08 openrepos-basil.list
-rw-r--r-- 1 root osa 22 Jul 15 2012 osa.list

Is there something missing?

The Following User Says Thank You to mpurtone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
i think after install N9RepoMirror search for updates first to actualize repos and then try to install developermode.

Its the same like in linux when you add repos you have to run the command
apt-get update

to enable them. In the N9 you can do it on

Seetings - aplication - admin aplications - updates

or maybe a restart also can help

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
i think after install N9RepoMirror search for updates first to actualize repos and then try to install developermode.
Tried checking for updates and rebooting but it seems to make no difference. Still getting the same "Download failed" error when trying to enable developer mode.

Tried checking for updates and rebooting but it seems to make no difference. Still getting the same "Download failed" error when trying to enable developer mode.
RepoMirror package had error within and it have not reseted package cache, so new repositories was not in use.

I have replaced(updated) Aceland application n9 repomirror to the version 0.5.0.

After installing version 0.5.0 you can try to install developer mode. It should succeed.

If previous version of repomirror have been installed on your phone, i.e. you havent reseted it from that time, it may be required to open Settings->Applications->Admin application, switch to Updates page(right page), and run "Check for updates"(top right corner) once, before you will be able to install dev tools and any other default packages.

Last edited by Custodian; 2015-05-24 at 23:23.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
After installing version 0.5.0 you can try to install developer mode. It should succeed.
This one did the trick, I was now able to install developer mode and Warehouse. Thank you !

BTW, I noticed that /etc/apt/sources.list.d/aegis.ssu-keyring-001.list has now been truncated to zero bytes. Was it the old (now offline) repositories that blocked the update process?

This one did the trick, I was now able to install developer mode and Warehouse. Thank you !

BTW, I noticed that /etc/apt/sources.list.d/aegis.ssu-keyring-001.list has now been truncated to zero bytes. Was it the old (now offline) repositories that blocked the update process?
Yes. Cache hasnt been reseted, and dpkg prefers old over new repos on same package(s).

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
what about showing the last page instead of the app icon as cover in sailfish?

The Following User Says Thank You to Thaodan For This Useful Post:

Tags
app store, application, awesomeness, client, harmattan, immortalmeego, repository, sailfish os