Active Topics

After having an n900 for half a year i've loved and hated it. So basically with new smartphones coming out this year I was wondering whether people will be sticking with Nokia or moving to Apple or Andriod?

Personally I love the look and specs of the HTC Evo 4g unfortunatly it doesn't look like it'l be coming to the UK.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
looking at the new phones (iphone 4, n8 etc) it makes the n900 screen look abit small somehow, but ill probably get the n9 depending how good meego is

right now i am using n900 + e72

if n8 virtual keyboard is good enough I will probably move to that device and then meego-harmattan device if it actually comes out

probably going to pick up a used nexus one or other relatively modern android as well just for testing as I now have quite a few android users

A 4.3" screen size version of N900.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I bought an x10 mini. Now i'm waiting for nokia and motorola to make their next move with HW keyboard. meanwhile im having fun with the n900

I'll be keeping my N900 for a while yet. By the time I'm ready to shell out hundreds of dollars for a phone again there will be some meego phones for me to look into.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
It hasn't been made yet.

I can only say with certainty that it won't be an Apple or Microsoft device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Grok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I already bought it, but its in a perpetual 2 month wait cycle
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I usually buy every 'milestone' device from each camps, just to keep abreast and follow what everyone's been doing and to see and understand the latest trends.. take what's good from them and also learn the pitfalls of the not-so-successful implementations of good ideas..

I keep the ones that are suitable for my needs and can be integrated easily to my workflow... or those with significantly interesting/curious features to play with.. the rest, I pass on other ppl. But ... looking at Nokia's development lately, I think it's safe to pass on their next few releases ...

Wake me up when MeeGo's in town

Next purchase: iPhone 4
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
this is hard......im building a custom deck in "magic: the gathering" TCG and now that the teaser video of N9 came, it made me think twice and pick what will be first between an $800 card deck and the new N-series.

but overall, i love my n900, the most powerful and hackable device i ever had.....

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-06-15 at 23:36.