Notices

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
I did it as You wrote and:

error while loading shell libraries: libnrursew.so.5 : cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory
In X Terminal, as root, do:
Code:
apt-get install libncursesw5
That ought to go in as a dependency for the package though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HumanPenguin View Post
Am I right in assuming there is no way to mount a real HDD to the N900?

Have to say if we were able to mount the disk in host mode USB Test Disk would be one hell of a nice product on the N900.
There's currently no way, no.

can I download other libraries for apps wich don't want to run?Sometimes when I try to install other apps there is a problem and it shows libraries which I don't have

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
can I download other libraries for apps wich don't want to run?Sometimes when I try to install other apps there is a problem and it shows libraries which I don't have
If you're using App manager to install the apps, then dependencies should be automatically pulled in (if they're available in one of the configured and enabled repositories). App manager can be more finicky about this than necessary though, so you can sometimes successfully install the apps via X Terminal using apt-get.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
I have just released a new version of these powerful tools that add the useful shortcuts to run them from the applications menu.

Please read the update of the first post of this thread about the possible installation issues.

Last edited by embedded; 2010-02-28 at 19:58.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Thank you very much for the utility . Using TestDisk I just undeleted an memorable video that my son accidentally deleted while watching it.

Very useful, pretty straight forward.

As I have been using this MMC card from a long time and can see a whole lot of old deleted files which made it just a little difficult to find the right file that I wanted to undelete. I was wondering if it is possible to add an option for permanently wiping out such records from allocation table?

How to run from XTerm? Installed latest version, shortcuts do not work; XTerm opens then closes again for Photorec and Testdisk.

To bro3886,

Please try to read 1st post for detail. If you cant run from the icon, just open X-terminal, type

sudo gainroot then
photorec

i run it ok. But time for achievement is very very long.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Stockholm
Nice app! Program asks for filesystem type. I used "FAT/NTFS etc" for the user files.

Problem was not really deleted files but that the whole work file area and directories \homes\user\MyDocs\ were unvisable / unavailable (also with "sudo gainroot" in X-terminal) after using USB with PC-suite.
All files became visable after reboot

Last edited by g-man; 2010-09-15 at 09:44.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
Great tools! Thank you.